What are the requirement of TF-1230?

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: What are the requirement of TF-1230?

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

alenppc wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:18 pm
arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:13 pm That is the issue, people who sell those cards should provide more detail about the card itself, how to configure it, what limitations are.
They got design and licence to build it for free, they could at least prepare user guide.
The support from Amigastore is virtually nonexistant... but you know, you can always go to one of the local builders here who will be happy to offer all of that and more.
Sorry, this dig was not to local builders of course as support that you provide is more than adequate.
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
brostenen

Post by brostenen »

alenppc wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:18 pm
arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:13 pm That is the issue, people who sell those cards should provide more detail about the card itself, how to configure it, what limitations are.
They got design and licence to build it for free, they could at least prepare user guide.
The support from Amigastore is virtually nonexistant... but you know, you can always go to one of the local builders here who will be happy to offer all of that and more.
Thanks. I will in the future preferable if it is from within the EU. It is those pesky import fees and the VAT, that are killing the vintage computer community between UK and EU now. But that is just how things are. The strange thing is, that the Danish postal service, even run packages through declaration, that comes from inside the EU. And I am like WHAT!!! That time wasted on that can be saved, and money will not be wasted. But hey... Not my money.
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

I have now created a disk image which will automatically check whether the machine has 3.0 roms and take care of everything related, this will be offered as a free download for those who order the board from me, as was the case with the 1260.
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

brostenen wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:25 pm Thanks. I will in the future prefereable if it is from within the EU. It is those pesky import fee's and the VATT, that are killing the vintage computer community between UK and EU now. But that is just how things are. The strange thing is, that the Danish postal service, even run packages through declaration, that comes from inside the EU. And I am like WHAT!!! That time wasted on that can be saved, and money will not be wasted. But hey... Not my money.
I have sent lots of parcels to the EU since the Brexit and if you know what you are doing then it is quite easy to minimse the VAT/Fees wink wink
brostenen

Post by brostenen »

supaduper wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:00 pm I have sent lots of parcels to the EU since the Brexit and if you know what you are doing then it is quite easy to minimse the VAT/Fees wink wink
Nice... Good to know. :-)
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

I have sent lots of parcels to the EU since the Brexit and if you know what you are doing then it is quite easy to minimse the VAT/Fees wink wink
I think they are giving more leeway to the UK because for me if I declare anything under 150 euros, they send the parcel back without delivering it, and Germany is absolutely the worst from this point of view.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

alenppc wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:51 pm I think they are giving more leeway to the UK because for me if I declare anything under 150 euros, they send the parcel back without delivering it, and Germany is absolutely the worst from this point of view.
This only seems to be a problem with Germany, even our guy at the post office commented on this a couple of weeks ago. They do not have any other problems other than with Germany.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Hey Exxos I agree, German post/customs can be a nightmare the amount of time spent in customs..many weeks at worst, but touch wood the rest of the EU is rather chilled :D
brostenen

Post by brostenen »

I made amigastore.eu aware of them not having listed kick 3.1 and up as a requirement. And it is now edited on their product page. I have no idea if it was my mail to them or not.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Hi,

The Kickstart requirements were not explained in detail in the product description and I'm sorry for that. That’s our mistake. We are humans... :-)

Your first e-mail was received yesterday at 3:19 pm and we answered you two hours later. Your second e-mail was replied 25 minutes after having received it.

The product description was going to be updated as we explained to you. We did it at 6:50 pm and also we added information to emphasise that customers should contact us if they experience any issue. As for that, we appreciate your warning, thanks.

About the AMIGAstore support:

An 8-page colour printed manual is included with the TF1230 (optional). The digital version is free and available under demand (email).

We reply so many e-mails per day. It takes about 12 hours of workload each day. We have our phones open during opening hours. And our profiles on different social network are active and available 24/7.

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”