What are the requirement of TF-1230?

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

brostenen

What are the requirement of TF-1230?

Post by brostenen »

Hi all.
I just want to check up on what the minimum requirements for TF-1230 are? It seems as my card can not detect the ram and the card is not detected in the expansion board list in the kickstart boot menu. Can the issue be, that I am using Kick 3.0?

I know that 3.0 is really old, however I just need to check up and ask, before I run out and buy kick 3.1/3.1.4/3.2 for my Amiga instead of sending the card back for tests.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: What are the requirement of TF-1230?

Post by terriblefire »

Its all the same as the TF1260.. Kick 3.1.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

brostenen wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:52 pm Hi all.
I just want to check up on what the minimum requirements for TF-1230 are? It seems as my card can not detect the ram and the card is not detected in the expansion board list in the kickstart boot menu. Can the issue be, that I am using Kick 3.0?

I know that 3.0 is really old, however I just need to check up and ask, before I run out and buy kick 3.1/3.1.4/3.2 for my Amiga instead of sending the card back for tests.
May I ask if you build it yourself or have you bought it?
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
brostenen

Post by brostenen »

terriblefire wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:59 pm Its all the same as the TF1260.. Kick 3.1.
Ahhh.... Nice. That is why I can't see it. I had an idea that it might be were my issue is buried in the system. :D
So Kick 3.1 minimum and not 3.0 then! Is it related to autoconfig stuff? If so, why?

Sorry for asking such a deep question. I am just hungry for information at this point, if someone else run into the same as I.
brostenen

Post by brostenen »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:02 pm
brostenen wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:52 pm Hi all.

May I ask if you build it yourself or have you bought it?
Ohh... I bought it on Amigastore. I just dont see any note there, as to what the minimum requirement are.
That is why I am asking so directly about the kickstart requirements on this forum.
I did write them a message, asking about why my issue might be. But they are really slow to answer.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

brostenen wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:04 pm Sorry for asking such a deep question. I am just hungry for information at this point, if someone else run into the same as I.
Can I ask why you didnt ask the person who built your card? this information should have been supplied.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
brostenen

Post by brostenen »

terriblefire wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:06 pm
brostenen wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:04 pm Sorry for asking such a deep question. I am just hungry for information at this point, if someone else run into the same as I.
Can I ask why you didnt ask the person who built your card? this information should have been supplied.
I did write Amigastore.eu through their website, because I can not find any information on the product page.
Or it is just me, who are too stupid to read it through. But I don't think it is written in bold or underlined.

If I have overlooked the information, then I apologise deeply for turning to exxoss forum and asking.
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

That is the issue, people who sell those cards should provide more detail about the card itself, how to configure it, what limitations are.
They got design and licence to build it for free, they could at least prepare user guide.
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:13 pm That is the issue, people who sell those cards should provide more detail about the card itself, how to configure it, what limitations are.
They got design and licence to build it for free, they could at least prepare user guide.
The support from Amigastore is virtually nonexistent... but you know, you can always go to one of the local builders here who will be happy to offer all of that and more.
brostenen

Post by brostenen »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:13 pm That is the issue, people who sell those cards should provide more detail about the card itself, how to configure it, what limitations are.
Yup.... Communication, communication and info. That is the what they need to do. For me, it is not a big deal sourcing kick 3.1 or newer. But it just takes some time to get them roms on hand. You know shipping time and all that. I know what I need to look for now.

I have just gone through their website once more, and the only mention of kickstart is about one that are modded and then the usual "you need legit kick... yadda yadda.... when running OS 3.2" :) and yes. Of course I do it legit. :)

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”