TF1230 IDE - Second Drive

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Lamaman1971

TF1230 IDE - Second Drive

Post by Lamaman1971 »

Hi Folks,

I've tried to connect up a second drive to my Amiga using the TF IDE, a CF adapter and CF card (partitioned and formatted in WinUAE). When I plug in the CF card into the header on the TF1230 the Amiga will not boot - which is strange as I have no expectations of booting from the TF (until Steve's modified kickstart roms arrive) so was just hoping to boot from the A1200 IDE and then use the extra TF IDE as storage. Any ideas?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF1230 IDE - Second Drive

Post by terriblefire »

It’s v drive dependant. You might need a buffer
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Lamaman1971

Post by Lamaman1971 »

A buffer?
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Lamaman1971 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:10 pm Hi Folks,

I've tried to connect up a second drive to my Amiga using the TF IDE, a CF adapter and CF card (partitioned and formatted in WinUAE). When I plug in the CF card into the header on the TF1230 the Amiga will not boot - which is strange as I have no expectations of booting from the TF (until Steve's modified kickstart roms arrive) so was just hoping to boot from the A1200 IDE and then use the extra TF IDE as storage. Any ideas?
Sounds like you plugged the cable backwards. Also make sure you're not using the VB.x CF adapters.
sparx

Post by sparx »

alenppc wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:40 pm
Lamaman1971 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:10 pm Hi Folks,

Sounds like you plugged the cable backwards. Also make sure you're not using the VB.x CF adapters.
I currently have this exact same issue - it's caused by using eproms or emu's, If I switch back to 'stock' 3.0 roms I can boot and use both ide cf cards.
I have 2 TF1230's here, only happens with one

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”