Total Newbie Thread

TF530 - 63030 + RAM Board

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Total Newbie Thread

Post by terriblefire »

broken software install then. The cable has nothing to do with that. I see those options even if my cable is unplugged from the USB chain.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
EzdineG

Post by EzdineG »

It’s his programmer. Some cheap knock offs don’t work correctly unless you hit disconnect between steps in the menu.

I don’t think it is being sufficiently conveyed that he *is* able to program his chips correctly, but has a build problem he is trying to track down with his TF530. He black screens on boot if he has the RAM cpld programmed.

My advice is to pull up the schematic on screen and start comparatively probing for shorts until you’ve covered the whole board. I have fixed several black screen TF530’s in the past this way, some with odd “invisible” bridges in the IDE connector. Make sure you’re checking with good magnification.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

His issue sounds like it is RAM. It will be a bad solder connection on either the RAM CPLD or the RAM chips.

DiagROM is the only answer.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
GoXoD

Post by GoXoD »

Yep that is it, I found a posting on ebay for the diagrom and I will grab that to figure out what is going on.

hopefully it will only be a few days.

I appreciate all the help And thanks for making such awesome boards!
GoXoD

Post by GoXoD »

I got the diagrom and everything tested good, so i put my cloanto 3.x rom back in and same thing gray screen.
so I said ah whatever lets try the original rom, and it booted.
does the tf530 not support the 3.x rom? because i was able to startup wb with no issues.
chue

Post by chue »

I'm booting 3.1 ROMS with the TF530.

Maybe I missed this, but what happens when you try to boot the 3.x ROMS with the original 68000 processor?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

chue wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:38 am I'm booting 3.1 ROMS with the TF530.

Maybe I missed this, but what happens when you try to boot the 3.x ROMS with the original 68000 processor?
It boots to floppy.
———
Kai Robinson

Post by Kai Robinson »

Heyo! Going to be building a TF530 and a TF534 in the coming days, sourced almost all the components from digikey and mouser, although i'm coming a bit unstuck with the Jumper and IDE headers - I ordered one header for the IDE, but it was the wrong size, right amount of pins though! Could someone point me to the ones they've been ordering/using?

Many thanks :)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Kai Robinson wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:21 am Heyo! Going to be building a TF530 and a TF534 in the coming days, sourced almost all the components from digikey and mouser, although i'm coming a bit unstuck with the Jumper and IDE headers - I ordered one header for the IDE, but it was the wrong size, right amount of pins though! Could someone point me to the ones they've been ordering/using?

Many thanks :)
I buy 2.0mm and 2.54mm pin strip in bulk and cut it up.. This is the area where i go ebay for.. because it cant get screwed up

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100PCS-2-0mm ... 2278232873

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-40-Pin- ... 0858209683
———
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Can I just ask which version of windows and of the Xilinx ISE programs you guys are running.

I'm having difficulty to get anything to work under windows 10, have tried 13.1 and 14.7 amoungst others

I have an old laptop somewhere which it looks like I'll be digging out.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.

Return to “TF530”