Slow TF530 IDE

TF530 - 63030 + RAM Board

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

GoXoD

Slow TF530 IDE

Post by GoXoD »

so After replacing the rom with a 3.1 it is working, but i am having issues with the ide.
i have tried re-flashing different versions of the tf530 firmware, i have tried an hdd as well as a cf adapter with cf card.
With the diagrom in and any combination it will freeze when doing a hdd check.

I have used the cf in winuae with no issues.
the funny thing is I can get it to load workbench, i copied over 1.3 to it in winuae, put it in the computer and after 2 - 4 min it will boot to workbench.

so i tried installing hdload games, nothing seemed to load it would freeze at the startup screen.
one time i loaded lemmings and left the room I came back to it loaded. It looks like it is loading but just incredibly slow. like 10x slower then floppy.

I am not sure what to look at next.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Slow TF530 IDE

Post by terriblefire »

You have installed the INT2 wire? Without the this wire you get the symptoms you describe on the TF530.

https://github.com/terriblefire/tf530/w ... -the-TF530
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
GoXoD

Post by GoXoD »

It was a bad solder joint on the board side int2 pin.
I think I was excited when I was finishing putting it together and botched it.
works great.

Thanks for the answer!
pipper

Post by pipper »

This thread is gold. I experienced the same issue after upgrading from Kick 1.3 to 3.1.4.
I was happy that the device would now autoboot, but for some reason it was terribly, extreeemly slow.

INT2 line installed - taadaa! Works.

Out of curiosity, how are scsi.device and INT2 related? Why did I not experience the same issue under Kick1.3 with the ide.device device driver?

Other than that: I totally see now why the TF536 needed to be born: after booting to workbench (with FASTROM) there's barely 600kb of fastmem left :o with Kick 3.1.4 and TF530.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

pipper wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:16 pm Other than that: I totally see now why the TF536 needed to be born: after booting to workbench (with FASTROM) there's barely 600kb of fastmem left :o with Kick 3.1.4 and TF530.
Probably not an interrupt driven driver like the 3.1 one.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."

Return to “TF530”