TF530 w/ BooBip Trapdoor Memory - Crash

TF530 - 63030 + RAM Board

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

n00b

TF530 w/ BooBip Trapdoor Memory - Crash

Post by n00b »

Hey everyone, I'm still going through and reading posts here, so I apologize if this has already been covered. I purchased two new TF530 units from an overseas Amiga web store last week and they seem to crash both of my A500s during the boot process. Through process of elimination, I managed to find a conflict with the BooBip trapdoor memory expansion.

I asked around and was told that a newer TF530 firmware fixes the conflict and prevents the crashing, so that leaves me wondering why this particular store would sell new units with older firmware. Has anyone else experienced this behavior with the TF530? How do I find out what firmware is on my TF530? Is there anything I can do if I don't have the means to upload new firmware?

I'm stuck! :coffee:
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF530 w/ BooBip Trapdoor Memory - Crash

Post by terriblefire »

I would ask for your money back from the store. There isn’t much possible if you don’t have the means to update.

In either case you should get the store to support you. They made money from the sale.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
n00b

Post by n00b »

That's reasonable. Are there trusted distributors? Amigastore.eu is extremely slow to reply to my messages.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

They're fine usually. I expect its Edu Arana that will end up answering your questions though.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."

Return to “TF530”