black screen with KS 3.1.4 but not with KS 1.3

TF530 - 63030 + RAM Board

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

oggie

black screen with KS 3.1.4 but not with KS 1.3

Post by oggie »

I'm just trying to verify my tf530 is working after successfully programming the CPLDs. I don't have any CF cards installed yet. If I hook it up to my a500 rev6a with KS 1.3, I get the insert WB prompt. But when I put in a working 3.1.4 KS rom, I just get black screen and not the insert WB prompt.

I get the prompts when the old 68000 CPU is installed, so I know both roms are good.

Does this mean anything, or is it still possible I've not soldered something correctly?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: black screen with KS 3.1.4 but not with KS 1.3

Post by terriblefire »

What does diagrom say/do?
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
oggie

Post by oggie »

Well this is strange, I used a working diamgrom in it, and it also gets a black screen.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

oggie wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:33 pm Well this is strange, I used a working diamgrom in it, and it also gets a black screen.
And the serial port output? This is the first thing to check. If DiagROM doesnt boot and doesnt give serial out then there is something well screwed with the soldering somewhere.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
oggie

Post by oggie »

Sorry. I should have been more descriptive. I did find a solder bridge on one of the ram chips. I fixed that and I now get the WB prompt on 3.1.4 with the tf530 installed.

But I still don't get any serial output on this board with a working diagrom, even with a stock 68000. This is a bit worrisome. And it makes no sense to me. I fear that once I make a cf card, I'll run into something with this board.
oggie

Post by oggie »

Did some more troubleshooting and found the problem! Agnus wasn't seated properly. Once I fixed that, I now get diagrom output. Now I need to go figure out how to make a CF card for 3.1.4! Yay!

Thanks for the help!

Return to “TF530”