TF530 build

TF530 - 63030 + RAM Board

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Homer79

TF530 build

Post by Homer79 »

I know many people will probably say this is pointless, but Im just trying to help my friend who wont
let me just give him a completed TF530 because he cant afford it.
If I was to compile the bus cpld with the autoconfig disabled, would that allow the IDE to still work?
I'll add the fastmem to it later on when he can afford the sram chips, I'm just trying to get him started.
He's got an A500+ with 2MB chip and 1MB slow fastram, so that should be enough to get him started.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF530 build

Post by terriblefire »

Homer79 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:26 pm I know many people will probably say this is pointless, but Im just trying to help my friend who wont
let me just give him a completed TF530 because he cant afford it.
If I was to compile the bus cpld with the autoconfig disabled, would that allow the IDE to still work?
I'll add the fastmem to it later on when he can afford the sram chips, I'm just trying to get him started.
He's got an A500+ with 2MB chip and 1MB slow fastram, so that should be enough to get him started.
IDE needs both CPLDS.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Homer79

Post by Homer79 »

Its got both CPLD's, I just need to ditch the ram till he can afford them.
I just wondered about commenting out autoconfig and compile that.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Homer79 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:41 pm Its got both CPLD's, I just need to ditch the ram till he can afford them.
I just wondered about commenting out autoconfig and compile that.
Ok but thats not what you said. You said BUS cpld.

I would just go into autoconfig_zii.v and set the line..

configured <= 'd0;

to

configured <= 'd3;

EDIT: make sure you are using the TF534 firmware and compile the right board (TF530rev X)
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
Homer79

Post by Homer79 »

Thank you, I know what i meant. downloading the xilinx VM so I can compile with the change.
hopefully I can make somebody happy for two minutes.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Homer79 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:23 pm Thank you, I know what i meant. downloading the xilinx VM so I can compile with the change.
hopefully I can make somebody happy for two minutes.
Its kinda pointless without the ram though.
———
Homer79

Post by Homer79 »

I completely agree. But while he is off work he simply doesnt have the money for a complete TF530,
I had to solder the 030 directly to the board to make it fit within his tiny budget. I put a 600 Kickstart
rom in his 500 a while ago, so I though I might be able to get it autobooting and at least do something.
He wont let me loan my TF530 board to him as he doesnt want to sponge off me.

At the moment, Its built without the ram and the ram cpld isnt programmed, I just wondered about getting
the IDE working.

Return to “TF530”