TF530 hot ram no boot

TF530 - 63030 + RAM Board

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

ICRY

TF530 hot ram no boot

Post by ICRY »

Hello just wondering I got my Amiga back out had some TF530 that just worked appropriately a year or so ago now one of them, no boot and one of the ram ic gets hot than the sun, any ideas where to start looking, the only thing I can think is a short.... but is it the ram cpld, there where no shorts a year or so ago as it worked fine for months on end.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF530 hot ram no boot

Post by terriblefire »

ICRY wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:05 pm Hello just wondering I got my Amiga back out had some TF530 that just worked appropriately a year or so ago now one of them, no boot and one of the ram ic gets hot than the sun, any ideas where to start looking, the only thing I can think is a short.... but is it the ram cpld, there where no shorts a year or so ago as it worked fine for months on end.
Remove the offending ram chip and replace. It has gone to a better place.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
ICRY

Re: TF530 hot ram no boot

Post by ICRY »

Hello Terriblefire, spot on & massive thank you, & card is now working!!!

Replaced the ram went from a few hundred ohm to ground to kohms, that random memory ic, has gone to be happier & more productive....in the bin, thanks once again!

Have a fab Xmas!

Return to “TF530”