TF530 Build Woes

TF530 - 63030 + RAM Board

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

GadgetUK164

Re: TF530 Build Woes

Post by GadgetUK164 »

Quick update - all working 100% Ended up reducing a couple of resistor packs to 470ohms - bit more reliable on boot. Then decided it must be the fact its borderline at 50Mhz, and tried 40Mhz - all fine after dropping down to 40Mhz!!!

It's not the CPU btw, got multiple here that run fine at 50Mhz for hours on the 536. I will be building an R3 TF530 later, will try for 50Mhz again with that and see how I get on, but I have crystals to drop to 40Mhz on that too if its the same.

One thing I have found, the 32bit RAM gets used up just by booting from my CF card - ie. litterally only a few hundred KB left after boot. Despite adding more 16bit RAM (which coexists nicely) using the GottaGoFastRAM board from LIV2, the problem then is that is ZII 16bit RAM, which means benchmark software ends up in that slower RAM, shows the CPU at 7.blah Mhz, instead of 40Mhz.

The solution for benchmarking is to disable startup script, run the benchmark from shell and everything works as expected performance wise. But I wonder if its possible to put ZIII ram as low priority, so that 2MB gets used by programs instead of the initial OS boot?

Very pleased though - all games and apps work fine =D
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF530 Build Woes

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

TF530 memory gets allocated in Zorroll area, not Zorrolll
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany

Return to “TF530”