TF534 Sources Published (includes firmware for 520/530 and 534)

TF534 - 68030 + More RAM Board (More compatible with amiga hardware)

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF534 Sources Published (includes firmware for 520/530 and 534)

Post by terriblefire »

I absolutely hate the CDTV… why? Because when you press an accelerator into one you can bend long pins in the PCB and cause shorts.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
brufnus

Post by brufnus »

I have the PiStorm up and running, 136 MB Fast RAM and faster than the A4000/25 shown in Sysinfo!
Unfortunately I have no access to my hard drive or SCSI CD-ROM drive now, but that seems to be caused by scsi.device not being loaded.
Anyway, I'm now booting off a hdf image on the PiStorm sd card. The TF will be used somehow nonetheless; I'm considering buying a plain A500 as well.
brufnus

Post by brufnus »

terriblefire wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:28 pm I absolutely hate the CDTV… why? Because when you press an accelerator into one you can bend long pins in the PCB and cause shorts.
Hi Stephen,

You probably don't recall this, but... anyway, a couple of years ago I tried making a TF534 work on a CDTV but had no luck with this - so in the end I installed a Pistorm instead. Have had the 534 lying on the shelf since then...

However, I finally managed to purchase a std. A500, too. My appx. 30 years old Amitech trapdoor expansion which has never been used (novice purchase for the CDTV back then, but of course it doesn't fit there, doh!), turned out to be functional and the TF534 runs flawlessly on this Amiga (with the KS 3.1 I luckily had on my shelf as well)!

So I'm very happy now... next step will be to make the chip ram mod for the trapdoor expansion, as well as installing a CF card reader or 2,5" hard drive. Anyway, it was great to finally have the 534 verified and up and running. c",)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Ah excellent news
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
brufnus

Post by brufnus »

Hi again Stephen,

I can confirm now that the TF534 works fine with KS 3.2.2 (47.111) and OS 3.2 from Hyperion, with my current setup on an A500 rev6.

My disk speed fell drastically to about 400K/sec initially; then I read a bit about eventual issues and decided to reinstall MMULib trying a minor adjustment, namely the FastROM which apparently didn't work properly the first time... now it's remarkably faster and runs at around 3,7 MB/sec, both according to SysInfo.
Thought these info could be useful to you... thanks for your kind help previously and for this great product!

Return to “TF534 (OBSOLETE)”