Agranlunds TF534 Build

TF534 - 68030 + More RAM Board (More compatible with amiga hardware)

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

frank.lukas

Re: Agranlunds TF534 Build

Post by frank.lukas »

Did to work the TF534 without problems at the Atari ST?

See my problems with a TF520 -> https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 7&start=10
AndresPlazaR

Post by AndresPlazaR »

agranlund wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:39 am I think I finally have a single easy-to-use FastRAM "driver" solution that I am happy with, regardless if you're running EmuTOS or Atari TOS :)

MAPROM.PRG:
Hi agranlund,

Sorry to bring an old thread back, but I just found out about TerribleFire a few days ago, and I'm frantically reading how it can work on Atari STs. I have a Stacy, and I would love to install one of these there. :-)

Just to understand how the MAPROM.PRG works: you can still use a minimal boot ROM that is 192KB in size, right? And, then, MAPROM.PRG will copy the TOS that you have, as a .IMG file in the boot device, to the TT-RAM?

The big problem I need to solve, right now, is how to relocate a TF534, because it does not fit right above the old CPU.

Thanks,

Andres.
--
Andres Plaza R.
Twitter: @AndresPlazaR
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

frank.lukas wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:51 am Did to work the TF534 without problems at the Atari ST?

See my problems with a TF520 -> https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 7&start=10
Sorry for the long absence, but yes it works with no issues for me and boots up fine every time.
I couldn't be happier with the accelerator :)

--Anders
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

AndresPlazaR wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:01 am Just to understand how the MAPROM.PRG works: you can still use a minimal boot ROM that is 192KB in size, right? And, then, MAPROM.PRG will copy the TOS that you have, as a .IMG file in the boot device, to the TT-RAM?
The big problem I need to solve, right now, is how to relocate a TF534, because it does not fit right above the old CPU.
Hi Andres!

maprom will use the mmu to remap the ROM to FastRAM so you cannot use that one if you intend to load some other TOS from disk to memory.

I used the method you're speaking of in an earlier post so you should be able to use the programs I posted. Back then I was able to boot using a 192Kb EmuTos in ROM and had it load a 256Kb EmuTOS/Atari TOS from disk to memory on bootup.

Once I got hang of the MMU, and started to involve getting the Blitter to play nice, I abandoned that and wrote MAPROM instead to map the existing ROM to FastRAM - cleaner and a less variations to support. It became overwhelming to try and support a bunch of configurations that I didn't plan on using myself anyway.
The old stuff should probably still work for you though, but disable the blitter if you have it as that will not work unless using maprom + blitfix.

Check my older posts, and also a bit further down on this page: http://www.happydaze.se/tf534/

Good luck and I hope you manage to get the TF534 working in your machine, I am incredibly happy with mine! :)
EzdineG

Post by EzdineG »

@agranlund ,

I've managed to get my TF534 with 192K emutos rom -> emutosuk.prg working brilliantly. Since I do not have the ability to run 256K roms on my 520STM, this was right up my alley.

I have tried both your TTRAMTOS and PPutnik's RAMTOS to instead load TOS2.06, and while the system does reboot into the new TOS, all I get are 4 bombs. Did you get this same behavior with the smaller 192k emutos ROM in your system?

I have a spare TF530 which I flashed with your beta firmware, and wanted you to know that while the system still boots, there is no IDE or expansion memory detected so that firmware is a no go.

Thank you for your work here, the 520STM is by far the best and easiest candidate for a TF card, especially with your 192k solution.
derkom

Post by derkom »

Do you have a floppy drive connected? TOS 2.06 will 4-bomb without one.
EzdineG

Post by EzdineG »

derkom wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:31 pm Do you have a floppy drive connected? TOS 2.06 will 4-bomb without one.
Ah. That was it, thanks!

Return to “TF534 (OBSOLETE)”