Tf534 wanted

TF534 - 68030 + More RAM Board (More compatible with amiga hardware)

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Gotang

Re: Tf534 wanted

Post by Gotang »

whats a fair price for a tf 534 and a tf536 build working nothing to do to them ?
Gotang

Post by Gotang »

ok guys update bought a tf536 its on its way think i paid a bit much for it but hay if i can get it working in my stock 2000 i will be very happy
if i do in future need to update firmware etc is there any info on how to do it and what you need to do it cheers in advance
gotang
JezC

Post by JezC »

Gotang wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:14 pm ok guys update bought a tf536 its on its way think i paid a bit much for it but hay if i can get it working in my stock 2000 i will be very happy
if i do in future need to update firmware etc is there any info on how to do it and what you need to do it cheers in advance
gotang
@Gotang There is a post by @terriblefire about using a Raspberry Pi to program the Xilinx CPLDs...on a tablet at the moment but will add in a link later (if no one beats me to it)
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

Description can be found here: https://github.com/terriblefire/tf328/w ... spberry-Pi

Cable name was changed from sysfsgpio to sysfsgpio_creator in newer version of xc3sprog
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
JezC

Post by JezC »

@arkadiusz.makarenko Thanks - that's the one I was referring to...

I'm planning to follow this approach myself for updating & initial programming of my TF536 boards...so if anybody manages this before then it'd be really handy to know if there are any potential issues to avoid with this method!
Gotang

Post by Gotang »

Cheers for the info guys
Velociraptor

Post by Velociraptor »

I'm not recommending Amiga Store and I don't want it to come across as an endorsement but....

But I think people grossly underestimate the cost of producing finished projects like this on a commercial basis. There's a lot of work in sourcing the components, there's lost money on postage all over the place, but most importantly there's the time involved.

Fine if you're doing it for fun, because you enjoy it etc. But the amount of boards that will appear that way is massively less than demand.

I'm regularly disappointed when people think it's ok to expect to buy something like this at barely over material costs and then complain when they're not able The whole debacle over Vampires etc is basically a summary of this.

I know creators get understandably frustrated and disillusioned by needy demands from people.

So I think you probably didn't pay a bit much for it, Gotang. (I am curious how much though!)
matt020

Post by matt020 »

Gotang wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:14 pm ok guys update bought a tf536 its on its way think i paid a bit much for it but hay if i can get it working in my stock 2000 i will be very happy
gotang
You do know there is a known problem with the TF536 and A2000's, right?
Black screen, no boot....

Just making sure you are aware...
Gotang

Post by Gotang »

Update guys
card arrived and have it in cpu socket as pictured
IMG_20200720_131340.jpg
IMG_20200720_131340.jpg (373.91 KiB) Viewed 4139 times
On 3.1.4 rom Black screen so swapped that out with my only other rom for 2000 ver 2.1 and I get a flick of colour then a grey screen gotek jumps to live then it just hangs wondering if you guys mount it this way or in the cpu expansion slot. going to order an adaptor as I don't like how it's sitting at the moment for hight.
also was not haveing a go at the price of things I don't expect people to sell things at cost at all
sorry if it came over as that way, I was just saying as a few people pointed me to the Tf534 at 150 quid and they where saying that's far to much money. I paid for the record £160 for my tf536 I know there are problems and look forward to trying to get mine working and help with any fault finding I can.
at the end of the day if I can get the tf working I will be doing back flips for a card that gives the performance memory and ide port for the price. never had a big box amiga before so new to the 2000 please let me know if there is jumpers etc I can change etc
matt020

Post by matt020 »

Errrrr, read the post directly above yours, its about black screens on an A2000, written by some good lookin' rooster...

Return to “TF534 (OBSOLETE)”