TF534 in an Atari - Guide?

TF534 - 68030 + More RAM Board (More compatible with amiga hardware)

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Bikerbob

TF534 in an Atari - Guide?

Post by Bikerbob »

Hi all, I own a TF534 that I had running pretty well in an A2000. I dont have the 2000 anymore, still have the TF534. Getting a TF536 for my A500.

Want to put the 534 in my Atari MEGAST4 - its a DIP cpu.. I know people have done it.

I have searched Atari and TF534, but have not as yet found a guide. Anyone want to help? point me to the posts? or a guide?

thanks so much.

James
Bikerbob

Re: TF534 in an Atari - Guide?

Post by Bikerbob »

well continuing to read.

I found agrandlund's build and posts about firmware.

1. his github does not seem to have the firmware on it anymore.. Can someone point me to the latest firmware that works on the Atari?

2. I am going to need to flash the firmware. I have done advanced search.. but cannot find a thread detailing how to flash the firmware on a TF534?

As far as I can tell, firmware, and the tools from agrandlund and I should be good to go.. am I missing anything?

James
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

I'm not even sure anyone's really fitted a TF534 in a ST..I really wouldn't bother..There may be early hacks about, but it went out quick as the 536 took over. The 536 has more development and firmware for the ST. If you don't know how to program firmware then it might just be easier to ask @PhilC to do it for you. Or google on how to flash xlinix chips. There are no guide or anything as there isn't really anything official for it yet.

Edit
This may give some clues https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/last/CT60/flash.htm
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Hi @Bikerbob ive got your pm, I'll have a look and see what I can find but think I mainly kept the TF536 stuff.

I do have a tf534 which worked in Mega but might have locked the firmware. I'll pm you if I find anything later on.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

PhilC wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:09 am Hi @Bikerbob ive got your pm, I'll have a look and see what I can find but think I mainly kept the TF536 stuff.

I do have a tf534 which worked in Mega but might have locked the firmware. I'll pm you if I find anything later on.
I remember you following agranlund's build and mods to firmware .. saw your posts there.. also saw that you built a couple of 534s..

I do have a 536 on the way.. I could put the 534 into the A500 - all I want to do is WHDLOAD games on the Amiga. It just seemed like the 536 was a bit over kill for the Atari.

Now I will pull out the programmer I have this when I can get a picture of it.. I need to know if I can use it to program the card.. otherwise I need to figure out how to do that. unfortunatly i have had no replies to my msgs from agranlund.

James
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Bikerbob wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:29 pm unfortunatly i have had no replies to my msgs from agranlund.
He hasn't logged in since december.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Indeed, he's not logged into anywhere we know of since 23rd December. I hope he's OK.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (250.64 KiB) Viewed 3722 times

This is what I bought about a year ago.. I think I should be able to program the firmware with this correct?

I have not taken it out of the package as of yet.

James
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Yes, that will work both with the Linux software and the Xilinx stuff.

It's far safer than trying to use the Raspberry Pi GPIO pins.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

OK, so this is my TF534. I am getting a TF536 from Alenppc. I showed him this pic, he says this is not one of his. Does anyone recognize this board?

It runs fine in an A2000 - My thought is that the 534 IF STABLE in the Atari would be good because 4mb TT ram is enough for full enhanced performace. The 536 in the A500 rev6 for WHD gaming because some stuff can run over 4mb (no idea if its the stuff I would use).

Any thoughts?

tf534.jpg
tf534.jpg (340.42 KiB) Viewed 3690 times

Return to “TF534 (OBSOLETE)”