Kipper2K CD32 Riser BOM - specifically caps.

TF328 - RAM + IDE CD32 Board

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

AEV80

Kipper2K CD32 Riser BOM - specifically caps.

Post by AEV80 »

Hi, could someone tell me the values of C1 and C2 on the Riser.

From EAB I gathered the PIC cap (C1?) was 100nF and the PS/2 keyboard is working fine, but have no idea what C2 is for. V rail smoothing?

I use AMP MCA connecters which work fine with my TF328s without a bevel on card edge.

PS is anybody able to share the GERBER'S (or are they not public).

Thanks.
supaduper

Re: Kipper2K CD32 Riser BOM - specifically caps.

Post by supaduper »

C1 and C2 are both 100nf package 0805

Kipper very kindly opened up the CD32 Riser gerbers so they are available
AEV80

Post by AEV80 »

Thank you.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I sell the bare riser PCBs on eBay but only to keep the prices down.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
go0se

Post by go0se »

Hi,

Is there a definitive BOM available somewhere for this the V6.0 Kipper2k riser PCB that Stephen has available on eBay?

I can see that it requires a 23pin male RGB socket and a mini DIN + a controller pic for the keyboard (are there different pic options for this?) in addition to the edge connectors but I can't seem to find the Gerbers mentioned earlier in the thread.

Also has anyone got a recommendation for a source for the 5650092-2 (correct?) AMP edge connectors? Digikey appear to only sell them in high volume and are currently out of stock and any other available sources would seemingly incur a hefty shipping fee to the UK.

Apologies if this has already been covered however I could only find piecemeal information on the riser and seem to have missed the boat on discussions by a couple of years! :?

Cheers.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

There is no such thing as a definitive BOM. Parts change all the time due to availability.

@supaduper you usually have BOMs and build order scripts..
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

go0se wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:07 am Hi,

Is there a definitive BOM available somewhere for this the V6.0 Kipper2k riser PCB that Stephen has available on eBay?

I can see that it requires a 23pin male RGB socket and a mini DIN + a controller pic for the keyboard (are there different pic options for this?) in addition to the edge connectors but I can't seem to find the Gerbers mentioned earlier in the thread.

Also has anyone got a recommendation for a source for the 5650092-2 (correct?) AMP edge connectors? Digikey appear to only sell them in high volume and are currently out of stock and any other available sources would seemingly incur a hefty shipping fee to the UK.

Apologies if this has already been covered however I could only find piecemeal information on the riser and seem to have missed the boat on discussions by a couple of years! :?

Cheers.
The connector is 5650092-1 and can only be bought from Mouser. Currently it's 'outrageously' expensive (they literally doubled the price overnight when they restocked which forced me to raise prices on the prebuilt sets...)

The PIC is a PIC16F628A-I/P, the caps are 0.1uF 0805 and the minidin is the standard PS/2 connector and that's pretty much it.
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

I do not have a BOM for the Kipper riser as its only a few components

To add to Alen`s list is the DB23M (RGB) connector, you will have to search for these like I do as they are becoming a rarity.

The build order is;

1. x2 100nf capacitors
2. x2 182 pin card edge connectors
3. PIC16F628A-1/P (18 pin DIL socket optional)
4. DB23M connector
5. PS/2 connector
go0se

Post by go0se »

Brilliant guys, just what I was looking for.

Thanks for your help.
go0se

Post by go0se »

Kipper very kindly opened up the CD32 Riser gerbers so they are available
Supaduper : any idea where I could find those released gerbers? I've had a search around and discovered a lot of CD32 risers I didn't know existed but can't seem to locate the Gerbers for The Kipper2k V6.0

Cheers.

Return to “TF328 (OBSOLETE)”