330 disable function bug

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Rochabian

Re: 330 disable function bug

Post by Rochabian »

Ok. And about the NVRAM fix, which firmware from the three mentionned above should i use ?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Rochabian wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:23 pm Ok. And about the NVRAM fix, which firmware from the three mentionned above should i use ?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =30#p25702
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Rochabian

Post by Rochabian »

Thanks for your explanations

Keep up the good work !
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I am sorry that i havent got to sorting this one but there are bigger and badder things to sort right now.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
reno

Post by reno »

Hi there,

3 years since the last post in this thread doesn't bode well, but I'm still going to ask : has there been a resolution on this or a chance there will be one at some point ?

I'm very happy with my rev 3B board but I do often want to play games from CDs for the soundtrack, and the wear on the CD32 edge connector from the constant plugging/unplugging is starting to worry me (not to mention the need to also remove the TF330 from the riser in order to keep the RGB output).

Keep up the great work, thanks !
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

For me the TF330 plays audio and most games flawlessly without needing to disable. is that not the case for you?
———
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Hi Reno

Have the means to update the firmware ? as updating to the NVram firmware will much better for you, if you cant update it then contact me and I can do it for you
reno

Post by reno »

terriblefire wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:22 am For me the TF330 plays audio and most games flawlessly without needing to disable. is that not the case for you?
Hi Stephen, sorry I missed your reply.
There are definitely some original CD games that will glitch or not run at all with Fast RAM and/or a 030. Chaos Engine for example.
As far as I know, WHDLoad doesn't support audio CD soundtracks, so really there are a number of games that can only be played as they were intended by physically removing the TF330 each time.
Not only that, but if you rely on the riser's RGB video output, you then also need to remove the TF330 from the riser and put the riser alone back into the console. Needless to say this is super fiddly and a bit concerning regarding wear on the edge connector.

Do you think there are good prospects of fixing this soon ? I can see most of the items you mentioned on your priority list in an earlier post seem done, but no doubt others will have replaced them in the meantime 😄
reno

Post by reno »

supaduper wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:31 am Hi Reno

Have the means to update the firmware ? as updating to the NVram firmware will much better for you, if you cant update it then contact me and I can do it for you
I haven't looked into the hardware required for firmware updates yet, but I can do for the right reasons 🙂
The NVRAM fix won't help with the disabling problem though, correct ?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

i did a video i was planning to release on a fix i had for the disable bug. @alenppc, @go0se and @supaduper tested it and i got results that didn't make sense. So i never published the video
———

Return to “TF330”