330 disable function bug

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

MickGyver

Re: 330 disable function bug

Post by MickGyver »

I read in another thread that you are stopping the development of your boards. Sad to hear that but a big Thanks for all your precious work! :) If you ever find the time energy to fix this disable bug, I would be super grateful. I know how annoying it can be to troubleshoot and find bugs like these though...
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Yeah this one is the first bug I’ll tackle
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
wairnair

Post by wairnair »

Hi Stephen,

Do you think you could take a short detour sometime to fix this issue? It would finalize the TF330 project (since the NVRAM issue is sorted and there's nothing else left afaik).
Also looking forward to the riser, very exciting.

Cheers
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

wairnair wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:04 pm Hi Stephen,

Do you think you could take a short detour sometime to fix this issue? It would finalize the TF330 project (since the NVRAM issue is sorted and there's nothing else left afaik).
Also looking forward to the riser, very exciting.

Cheers
Its on my list but sorta low down the order... Currently have

1. TF1260
2. Tf360
3. TF Riser
4. TF536
5. TF330 Disable Bug
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
matt020

Post by matt020 »

If I try the disable switch.... and if the 030 kicks in causing one of the CPU's to get hot.... will it get dangerously hot? I want to try this but not if its going to cause the 020 to cook and I don't know its cooking...
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

matt020 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:04 am If I try the disable switch.... and if the 030 kicks in causing one of the CPU's to get hot.... will it get dangerously hot? I want to try this but not if its going to cause the 020 to cook and I don't know its cooking...
I wouldnt leave it like that for a prolonged period.
———
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

OK folks.. this is untested and is for the TF330 rev3 only... (which is the most common TF330).

But if anyone wants to try out this disable bug possible fix its here
tf330r3_2020_01_19_alpha.zip
(11.75 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
You may find you the disable jumper behaviour changes.
———
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Just tried the firmware Steve and removed the Jumper but it does not disable the TF330 it still boots to the CF, so weather the Jumper is there or not it still boots to CF/IDE, but it will still boot game CDs with the jumper on

Just to add I do have 10k resistors on the disable line
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

supaduper wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:48 am Just tried the firmware Steve and removed the Jumper but it does not disable the TF330 it still boots to the CF, so weather the Jumper is there or not it still boots to CF/IDE, but it will still boot game CDs with the jumper on

Just to add I do have 10k resistors on the disable line
Try putting the jumper on at 90 degrees to how it is currently. I.e. how it was originally supposed to work. It actually may still boot the CF card but possibly will be in 020 mode. I can deal with that later.
———
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Just did what you said put jumper at 90 deg and it just goes to the splash screen and CD drive not working/booting CDs

Return to “TF330”