TF1230 Beta Interest (Open Source)

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF1230 Beta Interest (Open Source)

Post by terriblefire »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:01 pm It is nice to be able build TF cards, but it is just extra feature for people who just like to build stuff.
Still with BGA and 0402 it would be possible, but microscope and a little bit more gear would be needed.
Yeah i'm happy with people modding their own personal TF card, learning etc. If you order 5-10 you can give them to your friends... mark that you modified it somehow. But i'm less happy with hundreds of versions out there all slightly differently broken.

I want my broken version to be the definitive broken version.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

Why would someone even change your PCB and "improve" it if there is no change in functionality?

I get it if someone attempted to squeeze in FPU, or add SPI or USB or something, but just spin the PCB? What would be value of this change?
I just can't see it.
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

terriblefire wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:12 pm
I want my broken version to be the definitive broken version.
Then you sir, would need to enlist the help of an expert breaker... :lol:
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
centuriontech

Post by centuriontech »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:45 pm Why would someone even change your PCB and "improve" it if there is no change in functionality?

I get it if someone attempted to squeeze in FPU, or add SPI or USB or something, but just spin the PCB? What would be value of this change?
I just can't see it.
Stability, ease of assembly, lower cost. Simple as that.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

centuriontech wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:08 pm
arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:45 pm Why would someone even change your PCB and "improve" it if there is no change in functionality?

I just can't see it.
But the board is already optimized for single sided assembly (virtually free). And your changes arent going make it any more stable because you need to measure the board to see where its unstable first. So its pointless. Vanity exercise IMHO.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

centuriontech wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:08 pm

I just can't see it.
Lower cost? This board is already price optimised as it is? Most expensive part is CPLD?
Unless you are optimising it to use parts which you already have in stock?
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
chucky

Post by chucky »

ease of assembly. if you cannot solder 0603 passives. you for sure cannot solder that CPLD.
Aeberbach

Post by Aeberbach »

At least I can find the CPLD when I drop it on the floor :lol:
chucky

Post by chucky »

no. the 0603 points are WAY bigger than the spacing of the CPLD pins..

I am moving FROM 0805 to 0603 on my future projects. as 1. 0805 are big. 2. 0603 are cheaper! and with 0603 you can get smaller designs.

(yes whatever next ReAmiga project willl be. it will use 0603s)

and as you can get the boards preassmebled (this is how we got the 1260s and test1230s) you can do a 1230 in like 20 minutes or so.
(ok apparenlty from JLC only in green)

so it is pointless to go to sharpie-tolerances of the pcb and go to 0805. why not throughhole when making not needed hacks..

if to change the pcb. add fpu etc. that would make sense. sorry it is a pointless change put energy on something else.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Aeberbach wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:36 am At least I can find the CPLD when I drop it on the floor :lol:
:-D

I got a white floor on my new lab "so I can see the damn passives when dropping"

FAILED

Return to “TF330”