Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF1230 Compatibility

Post by terriblefire »

Anyone had a chance to try this?
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
go0se

Post by go0se »

Gathering up and installing the appropriate demos now..
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

Will Test later this evening as soon as I come home,
@go0se can You please upload these Demos somewhere? Will save my time... :P
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Damn I have just spent a lifetime searching for most of these Demos, anyway most were in .dms so I had to extract and convert to ADF so you will need to load into a nice amiga app to mount them or Gotek them as a guess, and yadda yadda :),

Oh and SuperStardust runs fine :)
Nexus also ok

** Updated Link with WHDload Demo versions here

https://mega.nz/file/Mg43TSQJ#S3_v-XtSf ... YTv49r8Fxc
go0se

Post by go0se »

I'll edit as I test:

Nexus 7 - Looks fast and smooth.
A1200 Demo / Digital - "Snow" issue looks resolved.
Cuzco / Oxygene Seems to have the same issue as before, artifacts on screen during cube / cheese display.
Friday At Eight / Polka - Now doesn't render the shapes in the sequence following the yellow burning face / ray eyes static image. Only the background colours are being rendered for me after the static image disappears.

Gevalia / Polka Brothers is only showing background colours before the spinning Polka Brothers logo right at the start of the demo. Seems to be similar to the (Also by Polka) Friday Night At Eight issue.

Motion / Bomb - Cant quite tell with this one, looks ok but might have a speed issue, need to check again with comparison.

SoulKitchen / Silents - Looks sorted, text zoom and rest of the demo seem to be running at the correct speed now.

Menu music on SuperStarDustAGA (Game) - Sounds fixed to me, there were glitches / some skipping on the old firmware.

HarmagedonAGA /INFECT- : The screen goes black and music continues following display of the static Harmagedon image 30 seconds into the intro. This also happens on my WinUAE with a stock 030 setup. There is a related thread about the UAE issue here : https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=89742

Numb / Movement. Looks and sounds fine to me on new firmware, not sure if/what the issue was as haven't tested on previous firmware yet.

PictureBook / Axis : Looks and sounds fine to me on new firmware, not sure if/what the issue was as haven't tested on previous firmware yet. *Note* If there is anything wrong during the credits with this one then I won't find it, I won't be watching those again, they last longer than the demo!

QED2AGA / Talent : Goes black screen after the Ravenloft Realm Of Terror static image, music continues in the background and visuals return a minute or so later. Behaves the same way on WinUAE.

Drool This / Parallax : This one wasn't available in my WHDLoad demo archive so have used the version in Supaduper's upload. With the latest firmware, starts and runs then Gurus the machine about 5 seconds into rendering the "3D FPS room" section near the start of the demo. The same behaviour is shown in the video at 4:12. This one seems to run OK on WinUAE.

***** Most of these can be found in the retroplay whdload packs / whdload demos archive at

host: grandis.nu
port: 21
user: ftp
pass: any
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Guys make sure you use the WHDLoad versions of these.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Control AGA:

FridayAtEightAGA:

———
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

go0se wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:35 pm Friday At Eight / Polka - Now doesn't render the shapes in the sequence following the yellow burning face / ray eyes static image. Only the background colours are being rendered for me after the static image disappears.
I dont see this issue.

go0se wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:35 pm Gevalia / Polka Brothers is only showing background colours before the spinning Polka Brothers logo right at the start of the demo. Seems to be similar to the (Also by Polka) Friday Night At Eight issue.
WinUAE does the same for this one. What's it supposed to do?
———
go0se

Post by go0se »

terriblefire wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:51 pm
go0se wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:35 pm Gevalia / Polka Brothers is only showing background colours before the spinning Polka Brothers logo right at the start of the demo. Seems to be similar to the (Also by Polka) Friday Night At Eight issue.
WinUAE does the same for this one. What's it supposed to do?
In his video version at 5:20 the background colours come in with a curtain effect

Confirmed, WinUae displays the same as what I get on the 1230 - Perhaps a red herring demo version mismatch here?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I mean if these guys want to chase compatibility to this level then fair play to them. I'm only ever going to chase it to what WinUAE does.
———

Return to “TF330”