The TF1260 rev1 arrives!!! Oh boy!

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

theq

Re: The TF1260 rev1 arrives!!! Oh boy!

Post by theq »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:17 am There is no testing happening. The whole thing is over until Coronavirus is gone. I'm not even going into my lab at the moment.
Sad news. Was hoping for new toys to keep sane. Sounds like I have to keep doing my daily jogging runs :roll:
The TF536 will keep me busy for a while 8-)

IPA kills the corona virus, so your lab should be a safe work area :D
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

theq wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:46 pm Sad news. Was hoping for new toys to keep sane. Sounds like I have to keep doing my daily jogging runs :roll:
The TF536 will keep me busy for a while 8-)

IPA kills the corona virus, so your lab should be a safe work area :D
My lab doesnt home school my child or do my job for me unfortunately. Or fix my dishwasher, car or the 100 other things that seem to have broken around here in the last month.

EDIT: I'm also starting to question if supporting the Chinese economy is something I want to do anymore. So i'm looking at alternatives.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
theq

Post by theq »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:05 pmMy lab doesnt home school my child or do my job for me unfortunately. Or fix my dishwasher, car or the 100 other things that seem to have broken around here in the last month.
Fixing the dishwasher should be priority number 1 (obviously schooling is important too!)
The most important thing I've learned is; happy wife = happy life ;)
terriblefire wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:05 pm EDIT: I'm also starting to question if supporting the Chinese economy is something I want to do anymore. So i'm looking at alternatives.
I support this statement! We see now where buying cheap has brought us. Enough said.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

theq wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:25 pm
terriblefire wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:05 pm EDIT: I'm also starting to question if supporting the Chinese economy is something I want to do anymore. So i'm looking at alternatives.
I support this statement! We see now where buying cheap has brought us. Enough said.
Clearly its unfair to say the Chinese are to blame for this crisis. But I do think that pressure should be put on them to get rid of those wet markets. Whether or not they caused Covid-19.. who knows. But they should go either way.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

Yeah just when you think you have equlibriun in the ying-yang of the household you get a "is that a hole in the roof?" cr*p how much will that cost.
And you start wishing you had not just ordered x,y & z of non essential (i.e. retro) goods!!!
Let normality return :D
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:31 pm
theq wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:25 pm
Clearly its unfair to say the Chinese are to blame for this crisis. But I do think that pressure should be put on them to get rid of those wet markets. Whether or not they caused Covid-19.. who knows. But they should go either way.
This is getting seriously off topic, but there is a major misunderstanding in the west what these "wet" markets are. Apparently they are nothing more than farmers markets that you have anywhere, that are "wet" in so much that they don't sell dry seeds etc.

Check this out:

Steve

Post by Steve »

The Chinese economy is a scary thing, I spent a month in China about two years ago and I kid you not - the air pollution in cities is SO high that you cannot see to the end of a road, it is just mist. Also the water is dangerous, we had to boil water every morning and store the boiled water in thermos flasks to last the day.

The problem is that the west afford a very affluent lifestyle (historically) by feeding off the Chinese economy, and the only people profiting from this are the large government organisations, who don't forget; are communist (apparently) They keep their people in the dark like mushrooms, they have the 'great firewall of china' to stop their people seeing the outside world and the wealth they provide for us.

Then you also have to remind yourself that traditional freedoms and rights we are so lucky to have in the west are a luxury - even though they are called a 'right'. The Chinese people don't have such luxuries, this is why we see so much unrest in Hong Kong as we see the two worlds crash against each other.

I kind of see trade with China as the same kind of thing that 'Fair trade' alliances go against. Fair trade makes sure that people don't get exploited, and also animal rights groups make sure we trade with people who don't hurt animals. Yet trading with China causes all these ills, they exploit their people and don't have any form of animal rights bar some Pandas.

But who is sick here? Are we the sick ones as our western civilization fuels all of this? I'm starting to think so.
ed_dream

Post by ed_dream »

Boiling water and storing it in a thermos is a tradition. In poor families they don’t drink tea but always treat the guest with hot water and cookies. And what else is needed from the cold? I have a friend who knows several dialects very well and worked as a teacher of the Russian language in a Chinese school. he writes a blog about the life of China. Thermoses are not due to bad nature. You will be surprised, but dissatisfaction and fear of foreigners is growing in China. This is due to the attacks of the world community. You learn a lot from the blogs of people who live there.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I'm looking at ordering up a new Revision 1c of the TF1260 now that the issues with OS3.9 and Mediator are resolved. The changes are all component placement rather than anything electrical.
———
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:12 pm I'm looking at ordering up a new Revision 1c of the TF1260 now that the issues with OS3.9 and Mediator are resolved. The changes are all component placement rather than anything electrical.
Is it final test run, before release?
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem

Return to “TF360”