The TF360 rev2 arrives

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Danoo

Re: The TF360 rev2 arrives

Post by Danoo »

Higgy wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:02 pm just been using infrared thermometer.
After 3 060 demos back to back and at 75mhz I recorded max 40 deg on CPU. Most of cpu was 36
CPLD was 31 and 37 deg.
(this is with the case on and my little 5v fan running on the cpu).
Would you know what the approximate ambient temperature was during your test :?:
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

19-20 degrees ambient.
In have started a specific TF cooling thread in AMIGA Hardware. Just thought people would be interested in numbers.
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

My TF360 rev2 pcb has finally arrived today :) WIll build it tomorrow
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:49 pm My TF360 rev2 pcb has finally arrived today :) WIll build it tomorrow
Is it working?
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

terriblefire wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:36 pm
alenppc wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:49 pm My TF360 rev2 pcb has finally arrived today :) WIll build it tomorrow
Is it working?
Works great on 3.1, but will 3.9 on Monday. Doubt the kids will let me do anything over the weekend...
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

Just a little TF360 update.
Apart from setting up Wi-Fi I have really just been watching 060 demos. The card seems to behave really well, I am pretty much always at 75mhz for the demos.
Probably I have had the machine lock up 4 times when running Cpuspeed but that is about it :D
I mostly boot no startup-sequence, setpatch, Cpuspeed and then navigate to the demos.
Thanks to all involved.
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

Is the Disable060 not implemented yet?
I just pulled off my jumper from my flying lead and got power/access light flickering. (was just going to test and also use CD drive).
I also got a Clockport RTC. AmigaKit have them slightly reduced at the moment.
I posted yesterday in the Topic about cooling that I had a crash yesterday with case on ( was not a full crash, the sound started to get out of sync then the video stuck on the demo). I've got my fan on the 060 so it might have been CPLDs as they felt toasty. But its not like we get 30 deg in the UK often, but might be more applicable to TF1260.
Seb132

Post by Seb132 »

This is the board I'm terribly excited about.
My apologies to arrive late in the game on Exxos forum but I have few questions that could easily resume in one: is there a thread here which summarizes all the specifications of this beuatiful piece of art and technology that my CD32 is calling for?

Now my silly ignorant questions were:
- Is rev2 the latest one ? What motivations for the update ?
- I see clockport - is it working yet ? :o
- I see wifi module ? Really ? how ? :shock:

That beats the TF330 which I own (thanks AlenPPC!) by a 100 miles!!! What a great time to be alive and owning an Amiga !

I hope some good guys will be able to get one of these some day... and I hpe to qualify for that adjectives, even if I have to wait until 2030. :P

Thanks again, master !
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Its unlikely i'll ever do anything much more with this board. Certainly it will not be generally available.

I did the limited release for TF1260 because @chucky harassed me enough. There are three builders out there I trust to do my limited runs. Two of them arent interested much in the 360.

Likely what will happen is the board I have i will tinker until i get the CD Drive working and i'll install a Solas from @Daedalus and stick it under my TV.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Seb132

Post by Seb132 »

Thanks Stephen, for your kind and detailed reply.

I forgot that the CD-Rom didn't work yet... which doesn't remove much from your fantastic creation (I've now read more in details the "TF360 Status" thread and all others related ones) but still is a serious issue for the little Amiga CD32.

I know how much Chucky had to "bother" you so few good guys could get a TF1260 to play with, and I hope that the only one builder who is interested in the TF360 will follow the same path. :D Even if I don't have the same skills than most people on this very technical forum and can't help much, I at least have the same passion for our retro-machines. ;)

I hope you'll break through the final technical issues soon... and hope to be lucky one day!

Wish you all the best, and peace of mind. :thumbup:

Return to “TF360”