TF1260 stuff

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

GadgetUK164

Re: TF1260 stuff

Post by GadgetUK164 »

Is it my imagination or does the power LED flash for the new IDE interface? Very cool! I also notice that from juggling these CF cards around in my machine, finally my HDD LED works again. I believe the one I moved from slave position to the EIDE port seems to have fixed it.
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

GadgetUK164 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:09 pm Is it my imagination or does the power LED flash for the new IDE interface? Very cool! I also notice that from juggling these CF cards around in my machine, finally my HDD LED works again. I believe the one I moved from slave position to the EIDE port seems to have fixed it.
Erik did that yeah... overall its a very nice package with the IDE driver.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

terriblefire wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:24 pm
GadgetUK164 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:09 pm Is it my imagination or does the power LED flash for the new IDE interface? Very cool! I also notice that from juggling these CF cards around in my machine, finally my HDD LED works again. I believe the one I moved from slave position to the EIDE port seems to have fixed it.
It's great!!! But, we could do with a way to disable that feature - I notice its turning the filter off and on, you can hear it in some games and it sounds wierd with the filter going on and off whilst data is streaming and sound is playing.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

GadgetUK164 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:05 am
terriblefire wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:24 pm

It's great!!! But, we could do with a way to disable that feature - I notice its turning the filter off and on, you can hear it in some games and it sounds wierd with the filter going on and off whilst data is streaming and sound is playing.
There is no way i know to turn that off.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

terriblefire wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:08 am
GadgetUK164 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:05 am

I figured its part of the driver at the moment - what I am saying is it messes sound up totally for many things that load from the EIDE interface. Or is it something internal to the hardware design that's doing it? If the driver is still in development - I am just suggesting a feature change. Maybe the driver could look at a config file or something, or just not toggle the filter? It's not the end of the world, just something I felt needed pointing out! You can bet if I've spotted it, others will!

EDIT: This card is just amazing though! I've played around with it all day yesterday, most of the weekend and all morning today! Can't leave my A1200 alone lol. SCUMMVM runs pretty well on an LC @ 62.5Mhz, but it could do with a bit more clock speed, so I've ordered an LC66, will see if I can get 75Mhz out that. If I can get that working I will send you this LC for use on another card or something!
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

GadgetUK164 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:43 am
terriblefire wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:08 am

I figured its part of the driver at the moment - what I am saying is it messes sound up totally for many things that load from the EIDE interface. Or is it something internal to the hardware design that's doing it? If the driver is still in development - I am just suggesting a feature change. Maybe the driver could look at a config file or something, or just not toggle the filter? It's not the end of the world, just something I felt needed pointing out! You can bet if I've spotted it, others will!
I'll mention to Erik.
———
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

I would like to thank alenppc for helping me get up and running with this too! Without Stephen, supaduper and alenppc I would still be wondering wtf was going on with my card and machine lol! Much respect to you all!
EzdineG

Post by EzdineG »

GadgetUK164 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:54 am I would like to thank alenppc for helping me get up and running with this too! Without Stephen, supaduper and alenppc I would still be wondering wtf was going on with my card and machine lol! Much respect to you all!
And I would like to thank you, sir, for sharing your great adventures repairing broken retro computers. It is quite rewarding to see them through to the end when you inevitably find solutions to these machines. Your dedication and patience are legendary in my book.

Glad you got your 1260 sorted. Perhaps some day I'll have a gander at one.
ubermick

Post by ubermick »

If Stephen saw what I was doing at my workbench last night after a half bottle of wine to one of his TF1260s, he'd have been on a plane to beat the everloving fluffybunnies out of me with a shinty stick...

Thought I'd killed it. :oops:
moebius_rising

Post by moebius_rising »

So for those of us waiting for our Kickstart 3.1 roms to appear in the post. I'm assuming addmem will work with the TF1260? and Kickstart 3.0 (unclear as to what the start and end memory addresses are)

I realize this was to facilitate for the Mediator, but I'd love to play with my new toy while I wait. ;)

Return to “TF360”