TF360 - bug check help with 'Ramses demogroup' demos

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Higgy

TF360 - bug check help with 'Ramses demogroup' demos

Post by Higgy »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else with a TF360 could test some demos by Ramses? I have LHA them together for extraction into a folder:
https://easyupload.io/3ssfr2

I've been seeing their 'A-Sensation' demo being used on the the TF1260, so I thought I would look at that and their other demos, but I have come across some issues where they run fine on the TF1260 and WinUAE 060 but not on the TF360. I've tested a few different CF installs to try and remove damaged files from the equation.

I've put a hell of a lot of demos through my TF360 and the compatibility must be over 95%, but there is something about this Demogroup, not sure if they are doing something most others do not?

There are also some demos by them which fail on both the TF1260 and TF360. Here are my findings :
(I boot No Start-up Sequence and only 'Setpatch' before going into the folder to run demo)

A-Sensation
TF1260 - Fine
TF360 - Bad GFX crash/glitches at the beginning after Ramses logo.

The Engine
TF1260 - Fine
TF360 - Crashes at 'Wipeout' section when you start to move and go to top of first hill in track.

Woogstorm
TF1260 - Crash
TF360 - Crashes right at the beginning with Ramses logo

Jesus Was a Demomaker
TF1260 - Fine
TF360 - Fine

Experiment
Tf1260 - Crashes.
TF360 - Crashes. Freezes in space scene after meteorites.

Blackup
TF1260 - Crashes
TF360 - Crashes. After title screen the screen flashes with drums playing then it crashes.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF360 - bug check help with 'Ramses demogroup' demos

Post by terriblefire »

TF360 firmware is a long way behind the 1260 firmware... So i expect differences.

Again expect a TF360 firmware update eventually... just... time...
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."

Return to “TF360”