News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF1260 IDE not working with beta firmware

Post by terriblefire »

I only support MMUlib for 060 libs.

I would strongly recommend a clean WB3.1 install from Chucky's site.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
CrazyC

Post by CrazyC »

I did think it might be an issue with 060 libs and did have a go at installing the 68060 MMUlibs form aminet but then ended up with all sorts of issues on that card with Dopus refusing to run and various gurus and basically it all going horribly wrong, so I had to go back to an early image.

I (presumably incorrectly) thought that the CPU libraries that 3.2 installs were the same as the MMULibs ones. I will try again.
CrazyC

Post by CrazyC »

OK - for the benefit of anyone else (although this is probably specific to my poor levels of competence etc) i have kind of resolved my issues and got to a stage where my 3.2 setup now works and gets 4.5mb/s on the ehide, and 1.5mb/s on the motherboard ide. This is without any overclocking and I am fine with that.

I am not 100% clear how this was fully resolved although I think from when things improved it is probably point 4 below.

What I did:
Copied the 68060 and 680x0 and MMUlibs from a functional 3.1 install (although I think they were the same versions I had)
deleted the 68040, 68030 and 6800 libs
Checked I was using the same Ehide.device (which I was)
Added the MUfastROM option to my userstartup (as was in the 3.1 install)
Commented out a few unneccesary legacy bits from my startup sequence

The clean 3.1 install I had didnt play well with my a1200 at first as I have 3.2 roms and so it wanted icon an worbench libraries added, so I got that sorted in WINUAE by booting with the AOS3.2 CD rom in the drive and then copying over the files.Once that was working in WINUAE, I ran it on mya1200 to confirm the speed increases - the TF EHIDE ran at 5mb/s.
Then I started copying over the files and making the above changes to my 3.2 setup an tested on WINUAE so it still booted etc.
Then transferred to my a1200 to confirm.

Cheers
C
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I need to be very clear on this. MMULib is the only 68060 library you should have. If you have another one you have issues. MMULib *IS* the 68060 library.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
CrazyC

Post by CrazyC »

terriblefire wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:08 pm I need to be very clear on this. MMULib is the only 68060 library you should have. If you have another one you have issues. MMULib *IS* the 68060 library.
OK I think I have explained badly - sorry - I believe it all came from the MMULibs file on aminet, including the 68060.library, 680x0.library and mmu.library, howeve the reality is I copied them from the 3.1 setup from the cardbuilder (as doing it myself hadnt worked) so assume it is what I needed.
mart1nandersson

Post by mart1nandersson »

Some quick questions (more details below):

1) Does the TF1260 IDE interface/device driver support 32GB CF cards?
2) Can the TF1260 IDE interface be used in parallel with the onboard A1200 IDE interface?

Slightly longer version:

The TF1260 was bought from Mr Hertell and I've been using it for about 2 weeks with an LC processor. It's been absolutely rock solid. My A1200 has 3.2 ROMs and WB installed on a 4GB Transcend CF card. The MMU libs and device driver recommended by his blog has been installed.

I tried getting the TF1260 IDE working last night by attaching a cheap cf2ide adapter with a 32GB Sandisk card attached. If I set the adapter to master/slave the scan in hdtoolbox takes forever and finds nothing. If I set the to slave/master it does find a device but it's detected as a type 7 (removable media). Trying to read the card still detects it as 21MB.

I tried installing WB 3.2 to it using WinUAE and the cable+adapter+CF card boots fine when using the A1200 IDE header. Attaching a picture of the cf2ide adapter. It only has passive components on it so I can't really see how it could be the culprit.

Unsure if I've hit a bug in the device driver or not. I've ordered a 4GB Transcend card via Amazon Prime with a hope to get it by tomorrow.

Thanks a million for a fantastic product! Will order a TF1230 for my backup machine once I get this one properly working.

IMG_0362.jpg
IMG_0362.jpg (231.06 KiB) Viewed 2751 times
erique

Post by erique »

mart1nandersson wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:23 pm 1) Does the TF1260 IDE interface/device driver support 32GB CF cards?
2) Can the TF1260 IDE interface be used in parallel with the onboard A1200 IDE interface?
  1. I don't remember if I've tried that exact combination (32GB size CF + CF adapter), but it should work with CFs and 32GB is not an unreasonable size. I've mostly used a 1TB SATA disk (with a SATA-to-IDE adapter) during development/testing.
    If I'm not mistaken I also tested with a IDE/CF/SDCARD adapter (because I have way more SDCARDs available ;))
  2. Yes, as long as both drivers are loaded (scsi + ehide) it should work
    (Tho they won't operate truly in parallel, as the CPU handles the data shuffling).
It's not impossible that you've uncovered a bug in the driver; perhaps something wrt how the CF / adapter presents itself.
I assume you have no second pair of card / adapter to try? That would otherwise be one useful data point.
Can you also verify the version of the ehide.device used (version full ehide.device)?
mart1nandersson

erique wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:02 pm
mart1nandersson wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:23 pm 1) Does the TF1260 IDE interface/device driver support 32GB CF cards?
  1. I don't remember if I've tried that exact combination (32GB size CF + CF adapter), but it should work with CFs and 32GB is not an unreasonable size. I've mostly used a 1TB SATA disk (with a SATA-to-IDE adapter) during development/testing.
    If I'm not mistaken I also tested with a IDE/CF/SDCARD adapter (because I have way more SDCARDs available ;))
  2. Yes, as long as both drivers are loaded (scsi + ehide) it should work
    (Tho they won't operate truly in parallel, as the CPU handles the data shuffling).
It's not impossible that you've uncovered a bug in the driver; perhaps something wrt how the CF / adapter presents itself.
I assume you have no second pair of card / adapter to try? That would otherwise be one useful data point.
Can you also verify the version of the ehide.device used (version full ehide.device)?
The version:
ehide.device 99.99 (2021-02-19)
Built on 19 Feb 2021 / 16:58:26

I will hopefully get a Transcend 4GB card from Amazon tomorrow. I can always try that card with the adapter currently plugged into the A1200 IDE header (https://www.arosretrofit.se/product.html/ide-cf-adapter).

Thanks for your reply!
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

You are not using the latest ehide.device , it should be ver 1.1

link below
https://mega.nz/file/N1ZlHQiB#Qr4m_iI1I ... SN87FBHEig
mart1nandersson

supaduper wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:35 am You are not using the latest ehide.device , it should be ver 1.1

link below
https://mega.nz/file/N1ZlHQiB#Qr4m_iI1I ... SN87FBHEig
That solved the issue! Thank you so much!

I guess that Chucky needs to link this new driver on his wiki to avoid more people like me.

Return to “TF360”