TF1260 IDE not working with beta firmware

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF1260 IDE not working with beta firmware

Post by terriblefire »

Tiggythecat wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:26 am i get a guru and cant ever get back to the os
If you want try this ehide.device. It is very very slow but it will spit out debug info to the serial port
ehide_debug.device.zip
(15.86 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
It should help diagnose the issue.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Tiggythecat

Post by Tiggythecat »

thanks for the assist guys - now have it working and better yet have made some new roms with the ehide.device in kick so have retired the slow amiga ide :P had it running whdload games from the TF-IDE and booting from it for a couple of hours now and no issues!
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

Tiggythecat wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:01 pm thanks for the assist guys - now have it working and better yet have made some new roms with the ehide.device in kick so have retired the slow amiga ide :P had it running whdload games from the TF-IDE and booting from it for a couple of hours now and no issues!
..what was it?
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I find it very frustrating when people dont tell us how they solved issues. Someone will come along next week with the same problem and we wont know how to help.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
Tiggythecat

Post by Tiggythecat »

honestly I don't know - from what I gather it was to do with my OS install.... I started over and it just worked! it was at this point I decided to put it in rom.
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

@terriblefire is the EHIDE linked to the speed of the TF1260?
I have upgraded my Setup from standard 3.1.4 using internal IDE (long cable) to custom 3.2 with EHIDE and just using TF IDE (short cable).
Everything seems fine at 50Mhz, but when I overclock, the TF IDE starts throwing a wobbly. If opening a folder the icons don't appear or appear slower than Internal IDE.
One time I got an error box appear - DH0: Alert Wrong ablock ID

Any ideas? On a 2B with timing fixes.
This is first time I have used TF IDE, so did not try dual Internal/TF IDE.
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Does say PFS DHO: wrong block ID ? thats a PFS3 error message, anyway probably the long IDE cable is not helping, what if you test the internal IDE with a short cable see if it still gives the error, also are you using the latest version of PFS3aio filesytem (ver 19.2) ?
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

Sorry, please forget the long cable. I was just giving previous working setup info.
Now I am only using TF IDE with short 2" cable. A1200 IDE header has nothing plugged in.

Limited testing with TF IDE, but it seems fine at 50Mhz.
The issue starts when i goto 75Mhz. And before just using standard A1200 IDE without any EHIDE in Kickstart or in Startup Sequence, overclocking was fine.

(I will stick to A1200 IDE and TF IDE terminology, as I suppose they are both internal!)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I had not observed this myself but i i will look into it.

The TF IDE i might expect some issues are higher speeds.. But you need a CF card that will do PIO mode 4 to properly take advantage of the TF IDE now.
———
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

I tried a SanDisk Extreme 60MB/s CF and it seems to cope with overclocking.
Looks like for me the Blue/White Chinese ones don't. Unfortunately looks like a load of my CF have now got corrupted, getting the PFS DHO: wrong block ID message, even on my CD32 TF360 card with all my demos on :(

Return to “TF360”