TF1260 IDE not working with beta firmware

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

idc

Re: TF1260 IDE not working with beta firmware

Post by idc »

Higgy wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:07 pm I tried a SanDisk Extreme 60MB/s CF and it seems to cope with overclocking.
Looks like for me the Blue/White Chinese ones don't. Unfortunately looks like a load of my CF have now got corrupted, getting the PFS DHO: wrong block ID message, even on my CD32 TF360 card with all my demos on :(
Can confirm this, using the Chinese blue/white CF card that supaduper provided with my TF1260. Overclocking the CPU corrupts the card, resulting in a ‘Wrong block ID’ error. Fortunately, I took a backup image of the CF card upon receipt, so I just re-wrote it.
trixster

Post by trixster »

I’ve had a couple of cf card errors whilst running at 80mhz, none of which have wrecked my card yet though. The card is a decent sandisk one (I think). Currently running at 50mhz and all is ok at that speed.
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

Hi.
For demos I run No Startup-Sequence. I created a simple batch file to save some time.
It runs Setpatch, MMU Fastrom and setspeed 75.
I just tried it and my TF IDE locked up straight away.

I just tried a demo from Workbench overclocked at 75 and i got some file errors then then it locked up.

This is using a SanDisk 30mb/s CF and custom 3.2 with EHIDE v1.1 in Kickstart.
The CF card seems fine at 50Mhz, it seems when you go past ~60Mhz issues arrise for me.
I will get the demo onto my SanDisk 60mb/s card and see what happens.
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

@terriblefire I've just been doing some more tests, this time with a 60MB/s UDMA CF card, and I am afraid the results are the same, with the clock speed at say 75Mhz I am getting read errors/lockups when loading something big (see test demo link below). So I can't see that it is CF card related. I've tried 3 different types of card and 2 reports from others, so looks like a real bug.

If the speed of the EHIDE could be locked at the base 50Mhz then it should be good (not knowing at all if/how this can be done :))

I have now tried custom 3.1.4 and 3.2 both with EHIDE (v1.1) built in (not tried a standard ROM and loaded EHIDE in)
Running from Workbench & No-Startupsequence has same effect
Nothing is plugging into A1200 IDE
Using MMU and FastROM
2B with timing fixes

Here is the demo I am using to check (Hexel by Ephidrena):
https://files.scene.org/get/parties/201 ... _final.lha

Here is the CF card:

CF Card
CF Card
SanDisk_Extreme.jpg (37.93 KiB) Viewed 2941 times

Cheers
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

OK thanks. The next evolution of the firmware is an almost complete rewrite so I do not expect to fix this.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
CrazyC

Post by CrazyC »

Hi

Has anyone checked if the EHIDE will function OK with a buffered IDE interface plugged in? Reason for asking is twofold:

1. I want to run a longer cable to the back of my checkmate case for external access to the CF card
2. I want to bring the IDE CD rom back into use.

Longer term I will get ROMS with the ehide driver burned in which will free up the motherboard IDE for the CD Rom but that doesn't solve point 1.

I did try using my IDEFIX express but the TF1260 did not seem to like that either on the motherboard IDE or the EHIDE (without the gayle adapter).

Cheers
C
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

You'd need to try it i guess.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

@CrazyC I have the AmigaKit buffered interface. So I can get that tested.
CrazyC

Post by CrazyC »

Higgy wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:26 pm @CrazyC I have the AmigaKit buffered interface. So I can get that tested.
Cheers, I need to send my tf1260 back to supaduper for a minor repair (d'oh) and just wondered if anyone had the answer before I ordered the amigakit one. Normally I would just order it but the tf1260 really didn't seem to like my idefix express so it seemed better to ask, especially as I will have to wait before trying it.
CrazyC

Post by CrazyC »

Another IDE related question I am afraid - I am not sure what I am doing wrong but hope it's a simple oversight somewhere on my part.

I have a CF on the motherboard IDE that basically loads loadmodule to get the ehide driver in, and the a second CF card on the ehide with my system.

I did at some point have it set so I saw normal IDE speeds on the motherboard and 4-5mb/s on the ehide, but then that card went a bit wonky after I had been overclocking and I tried again with another card. Since then something strange has been going on in that the motherboard IDE maxes out at 0.6mb/s and the ehide at around 2.5mb/s.
Replacing the TF1260 with my old B1230mkIV bring the motherboard IDE back to normal.
I thought maybe my CF cards have limitations but they merrily cope with nearly 8 mb/s in my towered a1200 with B1260 and SCSI kit, which I have running at 60mhz.
Have I forgotten to enable something? the ehide.device is version 1.1. I am using the 060 lib setup from the Aos 3.2 CD.
it's driving me nuts currently........

Return to “TF360”