Post by chucky »

try to avoid buying chips from utsource and other 2:nd hand china-chip-brokers

the ICs have most likly been handled not ESD safe etc
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF1260 CPLD PROBLEM

Post by terriblefire »

Also first thing you can check when starting up the TF1260 is the PLL output at the test point next to it. Thats what the TP is for. If you get nothing there then you're CPLD is going to do nothing and may be driving the bus
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
kulamario

Post by kulamario »

Well, that's what I thought TP was for
but I got a little lost in this sheer volume of work
I had so that I made a few working cards, but I sent them to people right away and I did not have even one functional, what to combine with changing the part from functional to non-functional
I was convinced that this cpld does not work

when starting these cards that did not work, I thought about checking TP without cpld but there I had 2.5V no sine
So I thought that this NB3N3020DTG controls the cpld and therefore I have nothing on the output because it was 25mhz on quartz

Anyway, I already know what's going on
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

terriblefire wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:36 pm UTSource is worse than ebay.
Indeed. UTsource is just another aliexpress.

Anything not purchase from companies like mouser etc, you just have to assume are used parts and expect anywhere from 20-80% will be faulty. This is why I test all the stuff I sell in my store as I can only source things like dram from China :roll: so time and failures have to be factored into the prices.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
kulamario

Post by kulamario »

I understand times are tough but that's almost 50% of the parts are defective
this is not acceptable
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

kulamario wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:18 pm I understand times are tough but that's almost 50% of the parts are defective
this is not acceptable
Then dont buy from UTSource... this is what they do.

Actually you are lucky they even sent the parts. Recently they will change the price after you buy and told your money ransom until you pay more.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
markus0321

Post by markus0321 »

Well, I do not buy on tsource anymore, I prefer Aliexpres because the quality is similar and the price is lower. I agree the parts from China on Aliexpres and e-bay are of poor quality.
For me, it turned out that it is not the CPLDs that are damaged, but the KS245 buffers.
I have mastered the subject and finished the soldering of the 5 PCBs that I ordered.
Great fun and a lot of fun with a successful launch, thanks a lot to terriblefire.
kulamario

Post by kulamario »

terriblefire wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:11 pm
kulamario wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:18 pm I understand times are tough but that's almost 50% of the parts are defective
this is not acceptable
Then dont buy from UTSource... this is what they do.

Actually you are lucky they even sent the parts. Recently they will change the price after you buy and told your money ransom until you pay more.
you know what I had before in the last order
but they raised the price by almost 100%
it was memory and cpld
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

kulamario wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:54 pm you know what I had before in the last order
it was memory and cpld
Welcome to the wonderful world of parts sourcing. And when people start negging about the price of stuff this is 99% of the reason we pad prices. Otherwise we'd go into debt selling stuff.
———
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:30 am
kulamario wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:54 pm you know what I had before in the last order
it was memory and cpld
Welcome to the wonderful world of parts sourcing. And when people start negging about the price of stuff this is 99% of the reason we pad prices. Otherwise we'd go into debt selling stuff.
Magic of TF cards? Parts for prototypes are cheap, same parts magically go up in price when people start building them...
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem

Return to “TF360”