TF4060 Revision 1 Design Complete

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF4060 Revision 1 Design Complete

Post by terriblefire »

I have partially built the new TF4060. Struggling for time lately but first mistake has been found. I have the Pi hat backwards. I will fix this in the next iteration. Just means i have to solder the Piheader on the wrong side of the pi zero for now. dohh.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Danoo

Post by Danoo »

Thanks for the update :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Now booting but no sign of the ram
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
kulamario

Post by kulamario »

We hope this is some small issues and you sort this very fast
By the way very good job
Bruce72

Post by Bruce72 »

Loving the progress of this project, and especially the "Troll Mode" ;)

Just wondering if this can be user adapted after the fact for custom startup-screens.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Bruce72 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:49 am Loving the progress of this project, and especially the "Troll Mode" ;)

Just wondering if this can be user adapted after the fact for custom startup-screens.
Nope. Its part of the firmware. and TBH the rom space will be used for an IDE driver in future.
———
gdonner

Post by gdonner »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:16 am
Bruce72 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:49 am Loving the progress of this project, and especially the "Troll Mode" ;)

Nope. Its part of the firmware. and TBH the rom space will be used for an IDE driver in future.
So (if I understand correctly?) the TF4060 should be able to boot from its own IDE port without needing to alter the AmigaOS Kickstart ROMs?

If so, it would be incredibly helpful..!
pipper

Post by pipper »

Hi Stephen,
Once everything is done and you feel like you have some time on your hand, would you mind posting some of your experiences designing and bringing up this card? I used to watch your YT channel for this kind of information, but alas...
I am interested in the design challenges you were facing, interesting/surprising system behaviors to overcome etc... For instance, I heard that the A3000 has lousy signal quality (at least on the Zorro bus). Is that a thing you encountered?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

pipper wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:29 pm Hi Stephen,
Once everything is done and you feel like you have some time on your hand, would you mind posting some of your experiences designing and bringing up this card? I used to watch your YT channel for this kind of information, but alas...
I am interested in the design challenges you were facing, interesting/surprising system behaviors to overcome etc... For instance, I heard that the A3000 has lousy signal quality (at least on the Zorro bus). Is that a thing you encountered?
Erm i brought the card up over a year ago and TBH i've forgotten it all. It kinda worked first time though.

Having done the TF1260/TF360 meant the only challenge was DMA. I didnt see any signal issues but i'm using 3.3v tech all over the TF4060. A lot of people turn their nose up at that and think things wont work. But they do. They're wrong.
———
sautebroussailles

Post by sautebroussailles »

Hello, first post here.
Allow me to react to the A3000 mention.
I've acquired an A3660 a few years ago and could never make it work on my A3000D, no matter how much tinkering we did with friends, including on another A3000 (and even after switching that 10/15ns capacitor thingy).
However, it did worked like a charm on a couple A4000s we also tested it with, so the card itself is fine.
My A3000 is therefore stuck with its faithful A3640.

So now although I'm vvverrryy interested in the TF4060, I'm also somewhat reluctant because of my unfortunate A3660 experience.

Could you maybe comment on the comparative complexity of developing hardware for the A3000 (compaired to the A4000), and how it might affect compatibility with the tf4060 ?

Many Thanks for your work anyway, the TF cards are awesome.

Return to “TF360”