TF4060 Revision 1 Design Complete

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF4060 Revision 1 Design Complete

Post by terriblefire »

alexh wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:21 am Looks great. Thanks for all the hard work.

Given the "global chip crisis", are there long lead times on the CPLD & FPGA used here?

Do you think we will see the TF4060 available from our TF builders this year?
The CPLDs are fine to get right now. The FPGAs are obtainable but have a 1 month lead time.

I suspect the builders will keep the numbers moderately tight so if you want one i'd get on their list early.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
trixster

Post by trixster »

Looks amazing! Definitely need to get on the list for one of these! My 3000 needs a treat :)
torsti76

Post by torsti76 »

terriblefire wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:45 am You could in theory put 2 lots of 64Mb on there too. But why would you?
Only thing that comes to mind is the current hefty price difference between 256Mbit and 512MBit memory chips from reliable sources... But that's negligable for this kind of project.
Acill

Post by Acill »

It looks great! I cant wait to see them get produced. This is a much needed accelerator!
dalek

Post by dalek »

Wow congrats on coming this far - it's great to see the dream from the TF530 days come alive.

Great work on the DMA support - that means it should be close to working if not already in the 4000T and 3000!

Quick question for my own planning purposes - will this be a "authorised builders only" project or will there be a DIY option down the track like with the TF536s coming from the exxos store? I'd really like to put my own together - I've had a KEL connector staring at me for some time now :) No issues if it's builders only would just like to which way you are leaning.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

dalek wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:50 am Quick question for my own planning purposes - will this be a "authorised builders only" project or will there be a DIY option down the track like with the TF536s coming from the exxos store? I'd really like to put my own together - I've had a KEL connector staring at me for some time now :) No issues if it's builders only would just like to which way you are leaning.
It entirely depends on the builders TBH. Let me explain why things are as they are...

When we are gearing up for a new board the main builders go out and buy a bunch of stock so they can build it. My only concern is to not leave them sitting on that stock unable to shift it for years. If I did that they'd not want to build more TF cards so i need to look after them a bit. So once the builders have done enough to clear their stock and are generally fed up with the building that board (like we got to with the TF1260) then i'll release the thing for DIY. Otherwise i'll do it once interest dries up + 1 year.

I suspect it wont be a DIY project in this case because we're not gonna see the numbers we did with the Tf1260. Same with the TF360. Although i've promised a quantity to go0se for donating me TF1230s and A1200 mobos.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
dalek

Post by dalek »

Ahh that makes really good sense... thanks!

Though I reckon it will be more popular than you expect :)
AndreaM

Post by AndreaM »

Wow, that's brilliant.

Anyone have a spare A3K or A4k they'd like to give me so I can put a TF4060 in it? :D
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings that answers to either Andrea or fluffkitten
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

dalek wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:50 am Great work on the DMA support - that means it should be close to working if not already in the 4000T and 3000!
It works on A3000. I dont have the 4000T to test. I suspect it might not work on that.
———
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

I have a number of different Amigas (A4000T, A3000T, AA3000+ etc) and would be happy to test the TF4060 on them if that would help. I'm in the UK.

Return to “TF360”