MONGREL REMAKE H4 COMPETITION

Topic for users to share their building progress.
PaulJ

Re: MONGREL REMAKE H4 COMPETITION

Post by PaulJ »

I'ma bit suspecious... @exxos you seem to be on the same time line for your boards as @rubber_jonnie . :shock:

You didn't contract RJ to build your boards... did you? I'm sure he's plenty busy on his H4 and he only builds one at a time so he can keep an eye on that pesky iron with his ninja reflexes. :) :) :)
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

@PaulJ My board along with three other people's were sent off to be assembled, I should have had them back by now really :( I'm getting a bit fed up of waiting, so I will maybe start building up one next week as I cannot keep on waiting around :roll:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

exxos wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:20 pm @PaulJ My board along with three other people's were sent off to be assembled, I should have had them back by now really :( I'm getting a bit fed up of waiting, so I will maybe start building up one next week as I cannot keep on waiting around :roll:
I can imagine, do all that work and the last person to have a built unit not to mention you will most likely need to do a little troubleshooting to get things all on line.. I'm not a patient person so waiting is not me. I would be crazed by now. When you get them I hope they have great build quality.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:13 pm
DoG wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:00 pm 7 days? Started 21 Nov and posted a GB6 pic 4 dec. That's 13 days.... :lol: And exxos hasn't even started yet... ;) :shock:
We held off posting a image on the forum for about a week. We both were working on Ickys board (well icky was soldering). How do you think I was posting fixes before any sign of a booting board ;)
:) - One of the rules is that we were both exempt from the competition and could not tamper with it :) so no matter we can not ever win this competition.

Therefore this is the real list for the competition
  1. @PaulJ - 10 days
  2. @PhilC - 17 days
  3. @btl - 20 days
  4. @kodak80 - 33 days
  5. @derkom - 31 days (may be a few more)
  6. @DoG - 34 days
So - @PaulJ gets the winners prize of a Flashy Clock V6 once we get one built and tested. We have also decided that all of you did an excellent job building the H4's so those above will all receive a runners up gift.

I will PM you all and get your addressees to send the prizes.

Once prizes are received we would like to see a picture of the prize next to your H4 in your build blog. Then we will also know who has the bobby prize as that will be included in the post.

Once the booby prize is revealed we will explain why ;)
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

@Icky , @exxos great prize. The board was all most too good compared to the Remake. We spent months looking for solutions. Anyway appreciate the great prize. :thanksyellow: :thumbup: :thanksblue:
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

@IngoQ's H4 board has been born at 49 days from delivery to birth :)

Congratulations @IngoQ will add you in as a runner up and you are eligible for a runner up prize :). I will PM you for your address.
IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ »

Cool, thanks :)

Was a lot fun to build, and admittedly my most complex soldering job since about 25 years :) Now I am really looking forward to the possible expansions, to make this a really mean machine some day :)
Ingo :geek:

| Atari 1040STE@32MHz | Amiga 1200 (ACA1220) | Atari 800XL (U1MB, SIDE2) | Atari 130XL (Sophia DVI) | C64 (1541 Ultimate II, Rev3 RFMod Replacement) | TI 99/4A (F18A, 32k, FlashROM 99) | Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 (Stereo, DivMMC) | Amstrad CPC664 (512k, M4 Wifi) | ... |
JezC

Post by JezC »

JezC wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:10 am @exxos yes, I had seen your comments about the likely price but hadn't thought to look at the BOM for the details
Ok, finally making the time to check the BoM etc. to see what I may need to add from the store/remove from a donor...

@exxos Am I right in thinking I basically need to source all the items in the parts list but not in the BoM?

If not, how do I tell what is needed in addition to the pre-built H4 (or what is not fitted)?
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

@JezC the parts list isn't relivent, its a list before I did the BOM.. Its likely wrong / incomplete.

The latest BOM totals all the parts which will be fitted to the H4. The parts which don't have a price such as the DB19 won't be fitted. So you source those parts yourself or buy from my store.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
JezC

Post by JezC »

Ah, great. Makes sense now.

Thanks for the clarification... will work to put together the requisite orders/list of parts to scavenge.

Return to “MONGREL H4 USER BUILDS”