CD32 floppy options

General hardware issues and troubleshooting etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

nuy

Re: CD32 floppy options

Post by nuy »

go0se wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:11 pm I was suitably annoyed by having lost that FDD riser adapter that I have just ripped my storage room apart in a quest to find it as I knew it was in there somewhere!
That does look really good, thanks for the pics! Now I wonder if there are any risers with two slots other than the SX-1. Naturally the other thing I'd have to get hold of would be a floppy drive, but I think I do have an old Cumana lying around somewhere in the 8 billion boxes I have lying around.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

@nuy please stop editing your previous posts once someone has answered them.... it really makes a lot of work for the moderators.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
nuy

Post by nuy »

Apologies, was just to fix the Eltac/Elsat typos in case anyone reading this in future went off looking for a riser from a manufacturer that never made one!
sugar

Post by sugar »

I have that floppy adapter and I do have a promodule 3-way riser but I haven't been bothered to try it :-)
I think if one would mount it on top a la fWSI it might be an interesting option. I'm all for floppy access, never got my head around Goteks and I still have all the old floppies around and you if you are online then you can just copy the stuff on to disks anyway.
When I get a TF330 again I'll see if they work together (the tf-328 seems picky as well as the tf-360)

Return to “AMIGA HARDWARE HELP”