audio output from midi module

Information and progress towards the H5 board.
alienkidmj12

audio output from midi module

Post by alienkidmj12 »

Would of been nice to see some place to feed the audio from the midi module :) unless im missing it, perhaps an idea for next rev ?
PhilC

Re: audio output from midi module

Post by PhilC »

Do you have a B or a C1 board? C1 needs a resistor fitted and then the audio is sent through with the YM2149 audio. The B needs the mixer board fitted.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
alienkidmj12

Post by alienkidmj12 »

ah so its fed back into the board via the header, nice !!!!
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

alienkidmj12 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:26 pm ah so its fed back into the board via the header, nice !!!!
It is indeed. Check out the fix for the audio bias though which is the resistor I mentioned.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
alienkidmj12

Post by alienkidmj12 »

ok cool
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

If you're talking about rev C1 , like philc says, it just needs a small resistor fix. This is because I redesigned the audio amp to mix the audio properly. The previous board was fixed using a separate addon board. Its part of the ongoing development. I would suggest reading the past progress and fixes for previous boards to understand how development and fixes have been done.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
alienkidmj12

Post by alienkidmj12 »

what kinda resistor do i need, is there a guide on here somewhere.
DoG

Post by DoG »

alienkidmj12 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:31 pm what kinda resistor do i need, is there a guide on here somewhere.
100K resistor.

Here is the thread about it and this is how I did it.
alienkidmj12

Post by alienkidmj12 »

i just looked mate, that is very small area to solder. how much did you have to scratch and with what :) il need to dig out my mag glasses :) im guessing i solder onto the via first then scratch away at the other end, then solder last bit.
DoG

Post by DoG »

alienkidmj12 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:47 pm i just looked mate, that is very small area to solder. how much did you have to scratch and with what :) il need to dig out my mag glasses :) im guessing i solder onto the via first then scratch away at the other end, then solder last bit.
It's huge! You don't even need a microscope. :D

I don't know what they are called in English and I don't know where I got them from. But I took a photo of a couple of them. But you could scratch a bit with a scalpel. You just remove the thin layer of solder mask to expose the ground plane underneath. Just a small bit to get solder in.

Or use a normal through hole resistor like exxos did.

Tool.jpg
Tool.jpg (126.86 KiB) Viewed 2716 times

Return to “H5 Phoenix Platform Edition”