Assembled & tested H5 interests ?

Information and progress towards the H5 board.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Assembled & tested H5 interests ?

Post by exxos »

As people are struggling with the builds, I am wondering if people are wanting to buy them assembled and tested.

This can only be done if I buy a broken ST off evilbay to rob for parts. As such with current prices , they could cost around £100 to buy. There is then the huge work of unsoldering some connectors and chips. Then testing and debugging etc I project the cost would be around £350 - £400.

I'm not getting involved with floppy drives or cases etc. Drives are normally busted and pretty heavy for shipping. Cases I'm not shipping as they not worth the hassle and mostly broken anyway. I will have to get boxes made, hence not wanting to have options like shipping cases as it leads me to buying and storing boxes which I don't have room for.

Yeah it's expensive but that is what they are gong to cost to produce. It's still cheaper than buying a broken ST then paying someone to repair and do all the fixes to it etc. Plus the upcoming add ons are plug in, so again, "free self fitting" rather than shipping your ST and paying someone to solder stuff in for you.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Cosmic Puppet

Re: Assembled & tested H5 interests ?

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

I would love this. Though it will be a few years before I'll be needing it.
US Atari 520 STFM (C070523-001 REV.D1) , Exxos PSU, 4MB Marpet Upgrade, Exxos 6 Chip TOS 1.04 USA, EmuTOS 20211020, Ultrasatan, PP Driver, Original Floppy Disk Drive, NEC Multisync EA193Mi Monitor, Star LC-10c Printer, iMP C100110-001 DMA.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Cosmic Puppet wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:39 pm I would love this. Though it will be a few years before I'll be needing it.
it will probably take me that long to get around to it anyway, so be fine :lol:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

exxos wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:47 pm it will probably take me that long to get around to it anyway, so be fine :lol:
That's great. I have Ideas about getting a case professionaly painted black.

There I go mucking the quotes up again. I'm not supposed to even be reading since I had tests today because I have different sized pupils :lol:
US Atari 520 STFM (C070523-001 REV.D1) , Exxos PSU, 4MB Marpet Upgrade, Exxos 6 Chip TOS 1.04 USA, EmuTOS 20211020, Ultrasatan, PP Driver, Original Floppy Disk Drive, NEC Multisync EA193Mi Monitor, Star LC-10c Printer, iMP C100110-001 DMA.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@Cosmic Puppet don't worry, I fixed your quote for you :D
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Cosmic Puppet

Post by Cosmic Puppet »

PhilC wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:01 pm @Cosmic Puppet don't worry, I fixed your quote for you :D
Ha. Brilliant! :D
alienkidmj12

Post by alienkidmj12 »

interesting, this would have saved me so much grief :( but you learn from your lessons trying to fix i guess hahaha

Return to “H5 Phoenix Platform Edition”