Removal of store checkout notes box

News and information about the exxos store. Includes common questions and answers, plus information on new items for sale or items which will be coming off sale soon etc
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Removal of store checkout notes box

Post by exxos »

I'm removing the checkout notes box soon as people are constantly asking questions in it where it clearly says its not for general questions and I don't read the messages. People don't seem to get I don't run my store my girlfriend does and she has no idea what any of the stuff is.

People should ask questions before they order not afterwards. It be like someone ordering a random car part and putting in checkout notes asking if it will fit his car. Nobody operates like that. Not only that, as people screw up their order, there is no magic undo button for me to cancel orders, I never wrote a script and have no intentions of spending lots of time doing one. Canceling a order involves a lot of work as I have to do multiple edits to the SQL database to add items back into stock etc.

Also if people order and want to add items , which is fair enough, but it also clearly says I cannot combine orders. The whole system is automated so it does take up my time. So while I have taken time to do this , it takes up time as then in have to go hunting for stripe payments then refund the second postage, where I dont get fees back, plus I don't have time to recalculate postages costs as the extra item, it may go over to the next weight tier where I could lose out on postage. Again I don't have time to keep manually editing orders and I don't have time to write a magic script to sort out problem orders.

So ask on the forum before ordering parts! And make sure you order items in one order as I am no longer going to spend time in combining orders for people. It wasn't so bad to do a one off, but people keep on doing it and as I keep on saying, i have RSI and making order changes causes a of manual changes , ie typing !

I am also going to introduce a £5 ish order canceling fee. Again I spent almost 2 hours last week to undo a order, I have to manually look up items in the SQL database to add items back to stock. Plus I don't get back transaction charges when a order is refunded. I almost didn't care about it but its all becoming a huge issue now.

In sorry if this upsets anyone, but my fingers have been hurting like hell again the past few weeks. My store is automated so my girlfriend picks and packs orders and ships them for me, and she lives 40 miles away! She does not know what parts are and asking me again causes me more typing and holds up orders as i do actually have a day job, and not able to reply or look up anything right away which adds delays.

People may not like how I operate but if I wanted to add items to my Farnell order they wouldn't do it, it goes as a new order. I sure wouldn't put in the checkout notes, "will this transistor fit my TV, if not refund my order" , nobody will do that, the warehouse staff are for packing stuff up only, just like my girlfriend packs orders up for me..

Edit: I will try and add a cancel oder button when I get chance. But if the order is packed up then its to late to cancel it. Canceled order will be subject to the transaction charges still, as I cannot get those costs back from stripe. This almost is a restocking fee where I think its not legal to do anymore. But I can't do a full refund because I don't get the full amount in the first place.. :roll:

Edit 2
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... r-services
.Businesses can keep your deposit or advance payments, or ask you to pay a cancellation charge, only in certain circumstances
If you cancel the contract, the business is generally only entitled to keep or receive an amount sufficient to cover their actual losses that directly result from your cancellation (eg costs already incurred or loss of profit).

Businesses must take reasonable steps to reduce their losses (eg by re-selling the goods or services).

Non-refundable deposits should only be a small percentage of the total price.

Cancellation charges must be a genuine estimate of the business’ direct loss.
So I would assume transaction charges would be covered in that..
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Removal of store checkout notes box

Post by exxos »

This has had a small downside that people who want to buy items not in my store (maybe I am selling a one off item on the forum or something) That there is no simple way to basically put the order on hold while extra items are sorted out.

As such I plan to put a new store item to basically pay for these one off things. Currently I am taking store orders, then having to do separate payment links to take the payment. It would be a lot easier just to take payments from my store.

The new store item will probably be ITEM 9999 or something like that. Will be for example 1,000 "units" in stock, and people can "buy in £1 quantities". This will save me some work in taking extra payments, and item 9999 will indicate to my girlfriend that additional items are required for that order. so she will not post until I take her the item to include in the order.

I don't generally do custom orders as they create a lot of extra work and delays (as i said before, I do not run my webstore, so asking me to include additional items isn't so simple) , Though sometimes it can be useful to have such a option in some rare cases. So "item 9999" will appear at some point in my store. Of course if people want to use it as a "buy exxos & dawn a burger" then it can be used for that as well ;)
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
Badwolf

Post by Badwolf »

I didn't know your other half does the shipping, so allow me to retract my previous statements of gratitude to you for speedy despatch and apply them to her instead! :lol:

BW
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
DSTB1 Open source 16Mhz 68k and AltRAM accelerator for the ST
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Badwolf wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:36 pm I didn't know your other half does the shipping, so allow me to retract my previous statements of gratitude to you for speedy despatch and apply them to her instead! :lol:
:chairsmack: :lol: Yeah, I don't run my webstore, I don't pack orders, I don't ship them. I just do not have time.. This is why I keep saying I cannot ship other items with store items as we live 40 miles apart for starters, its not so simple! even so, with RSI I cannot pack the boxes anymore anyway :( So without her help, I would likely have to close my shop down as there would be no way I could process orders.

Return to “EXXOS WEBSTORE INFORMATION”