Viewing your order history in your user control panel

News and information about the exxos store. Includes common questions and answers, plus information on new items for sale or items which will be coming off sale soon etc
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Viewing your order history in your user control panel

Post by exxos » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:11 pm

As previously mentioned, a lot of people are no longer receiving web store emails from exxoshost or stripe. It is causing problems because people have no idea if I have receive their order, or it has been dispatched. This is because cloudmark keep blocking my IP address and indeed blocking emails from Stripe. But now I am beta testing on exxoshost the ability for people to link their forum account to their order history.

So how do I use this marvel piece of engineering ?

Firstly you need to go into your user control Panel.

This can be found by clicking the triangle next to your forum name And clicking " user Control Panel"

You will then receive this message.

store.JPG
store.JPG (44.14 KiB) Viewed 2320 times

Now we have a choice to make, oh no!

OPTION 1) If you have conveniently used the same email address for the forum and the store, then the token should automatically be filled in in your profile. In which case you should not need to verify your email address as mentioned below. You should now be finished and be able to view your order history in the EXXOS STORE tab. Done!

OPTION 2) if you have used a different email address for your store orders then you need to go into your PROFILE tab and enter your email address in the email box and click submit. Then you go back to the store tab and click verify email address.

After clicking the verify email address link, you will receive a screen like below.

2.JPG
2.JPG (12.22 KiB) Viewed 2320 times

Now you need to check your email address for a email like below.

em.JPG
em.JPG (24.8 KiB) Viewed 2320 times

Now carefully highlight your token in full and without copying any spaces and copy this text however you are accustomed to doing so. Normal people just right click and click on copy to do this :lol:

( if you do not receive the email then your service provider is likely blocking emails sent by the forum. In which case, you need to contact a moderator to manually generate the token for you )

Now go back into your profile tab ( in user Control Panel) and paste your token in the appropriate field as illustrated below.

3.JPG
3.JPG (96.09 KiB) Viewed 2320 times

Once your token is pasted in the box, click on submit.

Now go back to the EXXOS STORE tab and you will see your order history.

s1.JPG
s1.JPG (80.3 KiB) Viewed 2320 times

Now you can click on your order number to view what you ordered in that transaction. This would ordinarily be the email sent to you. You can also click on the tracking number to open up the tracking page.

That is pretty much it!

I would strongly suggest people fill out their name and address in your profile. As this can then be auto filled in the store ( when the updates go live) . As people are very inconsistent and where they seem to live, it will help rule out problems assuming you fill out your name and address correctly in your profile. You will need to be logged into the forum when you purchase from the store for the address to be automatically filled in. But again, this update is not currently live. But you should see your forum name as a welcome message in the current store to verify you are logged into the forum.

Troubleshooting:

If you do not see your order history or "missing" transactions. Then you have likely use a different email address for those orders. You will have to go back to your profile and enter the email address you used on those transactions and enter the new token in your profile. Unfortunately there is no way to add multiple email addresses. So I suggest people not constantly change what email address they are ordering from as it will cause you problems viewing your order history and tracking otherwise!

Other waffle:

Please note this system as only been tested by a few moderators currently ( and was some months ago in fact). As far as we know it is all working fine.

Emails from the store and stripe will be phased out over time. Likely when my new server goes online (not any time soon). I made the choice because I am not going to constantly jump through hoops and fight spam companies as it is just pointless. Even if I get emails to get through all their spam rules, the same thing will likely happen a few months down the line. I just do not want to constantly create myself work and having to jump through all these hoops and figure it all out and do updates all the time. I have too much to do already.

So there will be no emails sent at all in the future. Which is why I strongly suggest people follow his post and link your account to the forum Otherwise you will not be able to view your order confirmation emails or tracking emails. I will not be held responsible for lost packages if you are not following the procedure in this page to view your order history and tracking emails.

I realise not everybody who orders from the store is registered on the forum. Unfortunately I just do not have the time to account for every scenario. Registering on the forum is pretty quick and simple and generally forum emails get through the spam companies which is why I have used the forum's emailing tools to send out emails so I do not have to maintain that aspect at all.

Why force people to sign up with the forum you ask ?

Because all the authentication and security is already set up and functional on the forum software. I would have otherwise have to write it myself which probably won't be as secure and take a incredible amount of time to do, which I do not have anyway! Even so, you would have to register for a "store account" in order to login and view your information anyway. Plus on that basis, assuming you need help with something as well, you would then also to sign up with the forum anyway. So it just makes more sense all around to link store to the forum. You do not have to be a active member on the forum to login to your account and check your order history and tracking. It is merely "just a account".

UPDATE:

You can now enter your address into your forum account to automatically populate the information on checkout.

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=4690&p=71882#p71882
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~

kodak80

Re: Viewing your order history in your user control panel

Post by kodak80 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:28 pm

Works fine for me. I can see my Store orders and their details. :)
Atari Falcon 030 | Atari 1040 STE | Atari 1040 STFM | Atari 1040 STF | Kryoflux & Supercard Pro Flux boards
Creator of the Atari ST Review magazine archive: https://www.chillichai.com/atari-st-review

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:38 pm

kodak80 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:28 pm
Works fine for me. I can see my Store orders and their details. :)

:dualthumbup: :cheer:
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~

DaveC

Post by DaveC » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:58 pm

I haven't verified my email and can already see my orders? :shrug:

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:00 pm

DaveC wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:58 pm
I haven't verified my email and can already see my orders? :shrug:
If you used your forum email then the token should be automatically generated for you ? check your profile..? I think I may have forgotten about that feature..

DaveC

Post by DaveC » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:28 pm

No token displaying, guess that feature has features :lol:

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:32 pm

DaveC wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:28 pm
No token displaying, guess that feature has features :lol:
Don't know in that case, because when I delete the email and token in my profile and click submit.. Then go to the exxos store tab, then go back to the profile, the token field is automatically filled in..

So please can you verify those steps..

DaveC

Post by DaveC » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:39 pm

Followed and now the token is there :thumbup:

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:39 pm

DaveC wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:39 pm
Followed and now the token is there :thumbup:
:bravo:

Badwolf

Post by Badwolf » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:51 pm

Works off the bat for me!

BW
Falcdate Use the internet to work around dead Falcon NVRAM battery
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
DFB External 030 and AltRAM for the Falcon (under development)

Return to “EXXOS WEBSTORE INFORMATION”