UPS surcharges

News and information about the exxos store. Includes common questions and answers, plus information on new items for sale or items which will be coming off sale soon etc
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

UPS surcharges

Post by exxos »

I just got this email. What a joke.
UPS are preparing their network to continue to deliver exceptional service throughout this busy period
They took three months to deliver a Falcon to Germany and this was even before holidays. During the pandemic they were seriously behind other couriers. As far as I know they still actually are.

I wonder if this is why RS components have ceased using UPS in favour for DHL ( who actually have a much better online tracking system anyway).

Dear chris,

The holiday season is fast approaching and many of our couriers are getting ready, as the number of parcels moving through their network will grow exponentially over the coming months.

UPS are preparing their network to continue to deliver exceptional service throughout this busy period. They have let us know that they will implement temporary Peak Surcharges to larger parcels as well as to the standard Additional Handling Charges applied to non-compliant parcels.

What Does This Mean?

Parcels that do not meet UPS’s specifications are liable for an additional surcharge. These charges are defined under the following three categories: Large Packages, Over Maximum Limit and Additional Handling Charges.

During the holiday season, effective from 31st October 2021 until 15th January 2022, parcels that fall under these categories will also incur an additional temporary peak surcharge. This peak surcharge will be a flat fee per parcel and will be in addition to the standard surcharges that are applicable all year round. Please see below the specifications for each surcharge:

** Standard Charge - Applicable all year round
*** Peak Surcharge - Applicable from 31st Oct to 15th Jan
*All charges are subject to a £2.50 admin fee

Additional Handling Charge Specifications

Any article that is encased in an outside shipping container made of metal or wood
Any cylindrical item, such as a barrel, drum, pail, or tire, that is not fully encased in a corrugated cardboard shipping container
Any package with the longest side exceeding 100cm, or a second-longest side exceeding 76cm
Any package with an actual weight greater than 70 pounds (32 kg)
Each package in a shipment where the average weight per package is greater than 70 pounds (32 kg) and the weight for each package is not specified on the source document or the UPS automated shipping system used

Large Package Surcharge Specifications

A package is considered a Large Package when its length plus girth [girth = (2 x width) + (2 x height)] combined exceeds 300cm, but does not exceed the maximum UPS size of 400cm. Large Packages are subject to a minimum billable weight of 40kg in addition to the Large Package Surcharge.

Over Maximum Limits Charge SpecificationsPackages with an actual weight of more than 70kg, or that exceed 274cm in length, or exceed a total of 400cm in length and girth combined [girth = (2 x width) + (2 x height)], are not accepted for transportation. If found in the UPS small package system, they are subject to an additional charge. Packages exceeding 400cm in length and girth combined are also subject to the Large Package Surcharge.

How To Avoid These Charges
To avoid additional charges to your parcel(s), please ensure that your parcel has been accurately weighed and measured and this reflects what you declare during the booking process. Your parcel must also be packaged in a cardboard box.

To learn more about the UPS Peak Surcharge, or to discuss any questions and shipping needs you may have, please visit Parcel2Go.com.

Kindest regards,
Parcel2Go.com
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Steve

Re: UPS surcharges

Post by Steve »

Yep I got this also. I think UPS is probably OK for the USA, but not for Europe. I'm sending a package to the US via UPS this week, just booked it today. I'll let you know if it arrives in the 1-3 day time-frame it is supposed to.
DoG

Post by DoG »

I order from DigiKey and they send with UPS from US to Sweden. Takes 1-2 days.
eightbit

Post by eightbit »

Here in the USA, UPS has been "ok" for the most part. Much more reliable than the US Postal Service, however lately UPS has this bad habit of offloading packages to USPS...and they continue to complete the delivery.

I think it is because of the increasing costs of fuel so if UPS sees it is cheaper to drop the package off at the post office and have them complete the delivery they will do that. Any time they do of course it takes on days (or sometimes a week or more) to my deliveries because our postal service is so bad.

Also, while they used to attempt redeliveries up to three times if you were not home and a package requires signature, they do not do that anymore. They try once and then they drop it off at some random access point and tell you to come get it in an allotted window of time or it gets returned to sender.

Return to “EXXOS WEBSTORE INFORMATION”