TF536 on the ST

Other boosters or variants.
agranlund

Re: TF536 on the ST

Post by agranlund »

Not sure where I should post this but this thread is as good a place as any I suppose? :)
TF53x_EmuTOS.zip
(751.87 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
Inspired by @JezC H4 build thread I decided to make a more complete EmuTOS package which is useful with the TF53x and/or if you don't have a 256Kb TOS decoder fitted yet.
JezC, you'll get a performance boost if you use the PRG from the 68030 folder.

I'll just paste the hastily put together readme here:
/boot
Silent and fast booting ROM images to launch the real OS
from the AUTO folder off your boot drive.
/68030
ROM image & PRG for EmuTOS optimised for TF53x accelerators.
This build will not work without a 68030 and TT-RAM.
/68000
ROM image & PRG that works even if TF53x accelerator is not present.

You can run the full EmuTOS without a TOS2.06 decoder by burning the 192kb boot ROM and placing emutosuk.prg in the AUTO folder of your boot drive. (Make sure emutosuk.prg is the very first program that is launched
from the AUTO folder)

Build from EmuTOS 1.0 with the following source changes:
- TT-RAM detection is limited to a maximum of 64MB

On a semi-related note, @terriblefire , if it works better you could signal end-of-memory in a different way than the usual bus-error.
In addition to checking for bus-error, EmuTOS tries to write, read back, and compare values. From the github history it looks like that was added for compatibility with the Storm card.

So maybe it's easier to just acknowledge but ignore any writes to memory above the 64MB?
If this works I can modify maprom.prg & fastram.prg to do exactly the same as EmuTOS - these programs only check for the bus error.
JezC

Post by JezC »

Will try that version from the 68030 folder this evening & let you all know the details.

EDIT: - Ok, just tried that & I can't seem to access the floppy drive A anymore (it's actually a Gotek)...and it booted off the pen drive OK but won't open it...I will revert to the previous version & check that still works OK...but that's a job for tomorrow.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

agranlund wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:46 am Not sure where I should post this but this thread is as good a place as any I suppose? :)

TF53x_EmuTOS.zip
Should we open a firmware forum for these files as I am totally lost whats going on with it all ?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@exxos yes that might be useful as every time you have to hunt through lots of pages to find what you need.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
JezC

Post by JezC »

@exxos Good idea...and it probably wants a way to indicate which ones are tested/confirmed working & which are test builds etc.
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

Great idea @exxos !
Some kind of post/thread where it's easy to find all the Atari related tools and information on how to get stuff running on the various TOS's and so on :)
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

agranlund wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:54 am Great idea @exxos !
Some kind of post/thread where it's easy to find all the Atari related tools and information on how to get stuff running on the various TOS's and so on :)
Will open a new forum later tonight when I get back home :)
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “EVERYTHING ELSE”