Ready built ST536 Atari version. Any Interest?

All about the ST536 030 ST booster.
PhilC

Re: Ready built TF536 Atari version. Any Interest?

Post by PhilC »

@JezC looks like Stephen beat me to it.

Not all CF cards will work in the TF536. Also if its already Tos formatted and you are trying to use tos2.06 then you'll need a byte swapped ide cable.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
JezC

Post by JezC »

@PhilC Hmm... good point about the format etc. It was from a digital camera (Canon branding on the CF card but reported as a Hitachi when I plugged it into the Falcon & booted HD Driver from floppy (V6).

I'd better get it working as a standard DOS/PC format card first maybe & then check it with EmuTOS on the TF536 from there.

More jobs for the next retro session... whenever that may be :roll: :shrug:
JezC

Post by JezC »

Formatted that CF card under Windows 7...still no joy under EmuTOS on the TF536.

I tried another CF card (256Meg this time) - and that showed an EMUCON prompt at boot-up....?
It still does it even after I remove that CF card.

I think I saw that before with the other CF card...then it started booting into EmuTOS from floppy.

Now I'm totally confused! Off to bed to give they grey matter time to think of the next step...
AdamK

Post by AdamK »

I've just read new posts here. Am I to late to buy one?
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@AdamK Sorry, I don't have time to build any at present but am more than happy for one of the other guys to build one for you?
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

I would build my own I guess, but that would involve SMD soldering, and I would need a hot air re-work station correct? Which is why I buy from Alanppc.

Now I have a TF534 that I could sell? but I could also take the cpu, the socket. If I am going to put my TF536 in the H5 board, can I take the TOS I was going to put on the board in the TF536? That would leave me with only a few things I need done either for me.. or by me.. :shock:

I also notice you guys are talking about IDE .. thought IDE was not working?

James
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

IDE works on the original TF536 if you make a custom cable. If you're not experienced with SMT soldering then I suggest asking one of the Amiga guys to build one for you.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Teo Punk

Post by Teo Punk »

Hi! Does it work also on ste or only for stfm? Thank you in advance!
DoG

Post by DoG »

Teo Punk wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:12 pm Hi! Does it work also on ste or only for stfm? Thank you in advance!
No one have run it on a STe as far as I know but should probably work just fine. However, the TF536 is for DIP socket and the STe have a PLCC socket for the 68000 (or LQFP directly soldered to the board). So you will need to make some sort of adapter for it.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

DoG wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:07 am
Teo Punk wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:12 pm Hi! Does it work also on ste or only for stfm? Thank you in advance!
No one have run it on a STe as far as I know but should probably work just fine. However, the TF536 is for DIP socket and the STe have a PLCC socket for the 68000 (or LQFP directly soldered to the board). So you will need to make some sort of adapter for it.
I did a STE adapter for the TF536 ST edition, firmware is even published. https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/last/TF536/index.htm But there was even less interest in the STE than the STFM. I can't find the thread, probably in the ST 536 topic somewhere. But I didn't get more than a couple boards made as it was only a test anyway.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “ST536 030 ST ACCELERATOR”