Getting a TF536 working on my Mega ST.

Other boosters or variants.
DoG

Re: Getting a TF536 working on my Mega ST.

Post by DoG »

PhilC wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:39 pm...So I'm happy to report that with a 100pf cap on CLK to GND and a 1k pullup on CLK as well and we are good to go...
Did you try without these mods with the new TF536?

BTW I tried mine with UltraSatan and got a a C drive full of PPPPPPPP.PPP folders when I tried writing new desktop.inf to it. Reading seems to work with no problems though. Haven't tried with IDE on board but that isn't working yet? Or other IDE boards for that matter. I think I got some DMA buffer boards somewhere I can throw in and try if it helps.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@DoG this Mega ST eouldnt boot without the cap and resistor on it, just happy it works.

Not tried my US yet but will do.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Umberto1st

Post by Umberto1st »

DoG wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:44 pm
PhilC wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:39 pm...So I'm happy to report that with a 100pf cap on CLK to GND and a 1k pullup on CLK as well and we are good to go...
Did you try without these mods with the new TF536?

BTW I tried mine with UltraSatan and got a a C drive full of PPPPPPPP.PPP folders when I tried writing new desktop.inf to it. Reading seems to work with no problems though. Haven't tried with IDE on board but that isn't working yet? Or other IDE boards for that matter. I think I got some DMA buffer boards somewhere I can throw in and try if it helps.
Hey DoG wa curious if you tried with DMA buffer yet. I am getting the same results with the US, all cap letter file names such as SSSSSSSS.SSS. Blackcat has a DMA buffer that uses 2 74F245. Is your buffer the one on this forum that buffers the FDC data lines? I'm hoping its just a US problem and not a ASCI port problem
3)1040 stf/m, 2)Mega 4 ST, 1)STE, 1)Mega STE, 1)STacy, 2)Falcon 030
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Whilst having a browse through a few things online related to 030 boosters on Ataris I found a section relating to the Pak which stated about having random crashes with ram of 120ns and that this should be replaced with at least 100ns ram chips.

I suspect this may be whats happening on my Mega ST as I get random crashes but also some other bizarre behaviour. For instance, running the Frontier demo and the video freezes and stays frozen but the music continues to play without issue.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Try this one. Its a TF536 firmware with the updates from the Amiga 2000 plus a bus error when fastram is exceeded.
tf536r2_main_top_ATARI_FULL_PHASE_7.zip
(17.36 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@terriblefire thank you, will let you know how it goes.

Return to “EVERYTHING ELSE”