TF536 - Atari firmware - Rev2 TF536

Other boosters or variants.
agranlund

Re: TF536 - Atari firmware - Rev2 TF536

Post by agranlund »

Badwolf wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:27 pm Those figure are broadly similar to my 16MHz to 16MHz+FastRAM comparison. That's going to be a fantastic change to the 'feel' of a lot of things.
It does make the Goblins games feel quite a bit smoother and I'm happy about that :)
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Steve wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:23 pm Would it make a difference if I said my floppy seems ok with maprom_c on my H5 & tf536 (latest firmware) I'll double check tomorrow but the other day I was copying a lot from floppy.
One thing you may have missed.. is the problem does not show up if HD11 is loaded from C: first.. There was a bit of discussion about that a couple weeks back.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Steve

Post by Steve »

@agranlund does this replace both maprom and maprom_c?
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

Steve wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:09 pm @agranlund does this replace both maprom and maprom_c?
Yep, both of them.
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

exxos wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:08 pm One thing you may have missed.. is the problem does not show up if HD11 is loaded from C: first.. There was a bit of discussion about that a couple weeks back.
Well, whaddayaknow! Looks like my Ultrasatan now works in EmuTOS without having to load HDDriver from the auto folder!
I always thought it was some kind of incompatibility between it and EmuTos, possibly in combination with the TF536.. turns out it was probably my fault with the old maprom.
Looks like I can remove HDDriver from the xboot config now, thanks for bringing that up @exxos :)
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

agranlund wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:37 pm Well, whaddayaknow! Looks like my Ultrasatan now works in EmuTOS without having to load HDDriver :)
I always thought it was some kind of incompatibility between it and EmuTos, possibly in combination with the TF536..
Looks like I can remove HDDriver from the xboot config now, thanks for bringing that up @exxos :)
:bravo: :thanksyellow: :girldance: :girldance:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
Steve

Post by Steve »

@agranlund I may be missing something but as far as I know, EmuTOS completely ignores HD-Driver as it has its own drivers. On a system where I have a TOS switcher EmuTOS&2.06, if HD-Driver is installed it just gets ignored entirely if I'm using EmuTOS but is loaded as normal in 2.06 mode.
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

Steve wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:55 pm @agranlund I may be missing something but as far as I know, EmuTOS completely ignores HD-Driver as it has it's own drivers. On a system where I have a TOS switcher EmuTOS&2.06, if HD-Driver is installed it just gets ignored entirely if I'm using EmuTOS but is loaded as normal in 2.06 mode.
@Steve
Yep, I was "manually" loading HDDriver from the auto folder simply to make the Ultrasatan usable in EmuTOS.
It wouldn't work without doing so and I never really bothered knowing why. I just took it as perhaps there was some kind of incompatibility there, possibly due to the TF536 or something.

Turns out it was probably due to the old maprom and I'm quite glad I don't need to have HDDriver in the Auto folder anymore :)
As you said, Atari TOS loads it from the bootsector anyway.
Steve

Post by Steve »

@agranlund ah I see, I guess that perhaps maprom was trying to cache some part of EmuTOS's HDD driver, where as HD-Driver can be configured to live completely inside alt-RAM which was avoiding the problem.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Its a odd problem really. As my 206 has cache clear stuff everywhere .. EMUTOS likely does as well..TOS306 does and that doesn't work either.

Maybe this should be mentioned to the EMUTOS team ? Though I'm not really sure how such a problem can go unnoticed for such a long time. It's a bit odd.

Return to “EVERYTHING ELSE”