TF536 on the STacy

Other boosters or variants.
derkom

Re: TF536 on the STacy

Post by derkom »

Atarian Computing wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:51 am With the latest firmware, everything works except for CosmosEx. CosmosEx ACSI SD works so the ACSI part seems fine. However, loading the CosmosEx driver results in the actual CosmosEx not being found. @derkom Did you encounter issues like this with your setup?
I haven't tested extensively, since I only recently got my CosmosEx, and to be honest, I'm not even sure if I've tested it at all in 68030 mode. I wasn't paying attention to how the switch was set at the time.

What are you referring to when you say "loading the CosmosEx driver"? Are you referring to the configuration program CF_CONF.PRG? It was certainly working fine in my setup, but my data are useless since I don't know which CPU I was using. ;-)
derkom

Post by derkom »

Atarian Computing wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:51 am With the latest firmware, everything works except for CosmosEx. CosmosEx ACSI SD works so the ACSI part seems fine. However, loading the CosmosEx driver results in the actual CosmosEx not being found. @derkom Did you encounter issues like this with your setup?
Now that I am finally getting pieces assembled, I've run into this problem as well. HDDRIVER sees the CosmosEx, but CE_DD.PRG just sits there scanning and can't find it. Flip the switch back over to 68000 mode, and everything is working fine.

Due to the Stacy having the MegaSTE-style ACSI connection internally, I lack the hardware to plug in any other ACSI devices and see if there is any strange behaviour.

Did you ever figure anything out here? Any thoughts on this from @agranlund or @terriblefire?
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Does this change if you revert to previous firmware versions?

I know that my TF536 was more tetchy (and slower) with the latest firmware relative to the one it came with (which would have been from August).
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
derkom

Post by derkom »

stephen_usher wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:53 am Does this change if you revert to previous firmware versions?
Checking that out is somewhere on my roadmap (trying to track down an unrelated random reboot issue at the moment). Simply switching back to an older firmware could be good for troubleshooting, but not necessarily for a permanent solution, as I'm running a custom build from @agranlund on my TF, which moves on the onboard IDE over to secondary, so that it won't conflict with the Lightning ST IDE.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Oh, I see.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.

Return to “EVERYTHING ELSE”