Paulj's H5 Phoenix Platform Build

Share your building progress here!
PhilC

Re: Paulj's H5 Phoenix Platform Build

Post by PhilC »

Nicely done Paul
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
JezC

Post by JezC »

:thumbup: :coolpics: :goodpost: :cheers:
Nice
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Nice clean build @PaulJ and good to see the alternate regulator works.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Just finished testing with the Atari drag cart and associated hardware. The results:

Ram Pass
Keyboard Pass
Audio Pass
Floppy Pass
O. S. Rom Pass
Midi Pass
Timing Pass
Printer/Joystick Pass
Color Pass
Serial Port Pass
DMA Pass
High Res Pass
Glitter Short & Long Test Pass

Also the floppy works with 720/1440 auto size.

Guess this one's done. Better video quality than the H4 by the way.
IMG_2634.jpg
IMG_2634.jpg (675.79 KiB) Viewed 3615 times
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

:bravo: :girldance:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Pretty nice board @exxos , @Icky . Really nice looking board but I'd rather solder the H4. With this board I don't know if its the gold or what but it takes more heat to flow the solder and the solder the manufacture used is just a pain in the a$$ if you need to un solder something. All in all a great board!!

:girldance: :girldance: :girldance:
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

RTC works great as expected. Tried netusbee and you'll never guess it wouldn't run UIP... would just blast by by and back to the desktop. Adjusted voltage for 5.10 to 4.90v's... no joy. Connected USB storage device that always works and guess what. Now the netusbee works. Maybe this thing has software issues instead of a hardware problem. Everything working including the IDE 1.1 interface so I guess that's the frosting on the cake.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

The netusbee has been driving me crazy.. :headbang:

It works it doesn't.. etc etc.. Well maybe I've found that the cartridge connector sucks. I've been salvaging these from donor boards but looking at the connector its some what oxidized. So I've cleaned it up best I can and used some electronic cleaner on it. Its been available last three times I've powered up I'm hopeful. I guess on the next H5 I'll try and get a new one from best if they have them. If so this should prove or disprove the connector theory. It would be nice to have a netusbee that plugs into an expansion connector. It does tend to startup best in the H5 when it's cold. The Atari dogcart aways starts so it does make me question if the connector is really suspect or just a coincidence.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Icky wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:17 am Nice clean build @PaulJ and good to see the alternate regulator works.
I'm waiting for something to plug into one of the 3.3 volt slots.. give it a good test. : :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:43 pm I'm waiting for something to plug into one of the 3.3 volt slots.. give it a good test. : :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
We are working on it @PaulJ. @exxos and I are looking at 3V3 versions of the add-on boards like FlashyClock and Trudie etc.

Return to “H5 A3 USER BUILDS”