DiagROM for ST

DiagROM software & help

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: DiagROM for ST

Post by terriblefire »

tried the cart.. didnt work. Is there a different magic number for Falcon carts?
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Badwolf

Post by Badwolf »

Falcon's is FA 52 23 5F. I don't recall what the normal ST one is, but I don't remember hearing they're different.
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
DSTB1 Open source 16Mhz 68k and AltRAM accelerator for the ST
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Badwolf wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:38 am Falcon's is FA 52 23 5F. I don't recall what the normal ST one is, but I don't remember hearing they're different.
I think it might be that hatari needs a different format of file not just a raw dump of the cart rom.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

I never got anything but TOS404 to run in Hatari. Maybe they fixed that by now, no idea but I never even got 402 to work. I think someone said it patches some stuff to work.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Badwolf

Post by Badwolf »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:49 am I think it might be that hatari needs a different format of file not just a raw dump of the cart rom.
Just had a quick experiment with EmuTOS cartridge version -- Hatari boots that fine in Falcon mode (same magic, BTW).

DiagROM cart version works on Hatari in ST and STE mode, but not Falcon mode so I don't think there's a separate format.

As I say, the genuine Atari Falcon Test Cart doesn't work in Hatari either, so I wouldn't necessarily say it's a conclusive proof it won't work.

I need to figure out how to get that ROM burner past the missus. Bloody lockdown!

BW.
Badwolf

Post by Badwolf »

exxos wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:16 pm I never got anything but TOS404 to run in Hatari. Maybe they fixed that by now, no idea but I never even got 402 to work. I think someone said it patches some stuff to work.
Hatari is pretty good these days and I think only patches TOS when you ask it to (fancy screen modes, fast booting selected, etc). 402 (and Emutos) certainly boots, but it's not perfect as the test cart failing shows & the 030 emulation is slower than a wet weekend in the West Country on my (steam powered) laptop.

BW.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

This version works via serial port on the falcon in hatari.

No VIDEL support so no display.
DiagROMFalcon.zip
(46.21 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
If someone can give me some code to setup a st style screen on a falcon i'll add it.

EDIT: have updated DiagROMST to produce a Falcon binary.
———
Badwolf

Post by Badwolf »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:48 pm This version works via serial port on the falcon in hatari.

No VIDEL support so no display.

DiagROMFalcon.zip

If someone can give me some code to setup a st style screen on a falcon i'll add it.

EDIT: have updated DiagROMST to produce a Falcon binary.
This is very cool, thanks TF. I confess I can't get any output on the emulated serial in my Hatari invocation as yet, though, but ten minutes when I'm meant to be working wasn't a very thorough test!

It occurs to me I can probably use this by simply hotwiring a flash chip up to the top of my board and pulling the system ROM chip, so that's my project this week, I reckon. :D

BW.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Working video added. Just got hatari to capture the register writes for a Med Res compatibility mode and pumped them out in the right order.

Binaries on github.

https://github.com/terriblefire/diagrom ... master/bin
———

Return to “DiagROM”