Ebay scammers warning: backintime32, lechuza1983, sed_5242

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Ebay scammers warning: backintime32, lechuza1983, sed_5242

Post by alenppc »

The eBay user backintime32 bought a TF330 from me that was delivered about a month ago.

Today he decided to open a case against me on eBay stating the parcel was never delivered. When I pointed out the tracking information showing delivery, he said I only sent him an anti static bag.

This is absolutely impossible considering how I pack and weigh the items: he just wanted a freebie. Or maybe he decided he didn’t like the card after a month. Well, I would have been happy for him to send it back for a refund or even replace it at no cost.

Because of the way the eBay is what it is, I had no choice but to send him a refund.
PhilC

Re: Ebay scammer warning: backintime32

Post by PhilC »

Thanks for the warning @alenppc , things like this and others that have happened to me is why I rarely sell on eBay now.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

What is wrong with people?
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Hi Allen, I always take a pic of the box prior to posting the parcel and send it with an email to the buyer as form of proof,I too had a funny episode last week from a TF330 buyer ask for refund and said it will not boot which is strange as if he had contacted me I could have told that it was 99% an oxidized expansion connector and just needed cleaning had this a couple times and CD32 owners realize that .

Anyway refunded him and said send the TF330 back and ..I still have not received it, so if no show I too will add this potential scammer to the list
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Yes please share any bad eBay user names here to add to the ban list.
go0se

Post by go0se »

@alenppc I understand that you have already issued a refund but if a situation like this should arise again you should proceed as follows:

Contact the buyer via eBay messaging or adding a note to the case raised against you, explaining how you packed the item and that you do not think that it is possible that they received the packaging in the way that they claim ( It is obviously a waste of time talking to the dishonest buyer at this stage but this is is intended to demonstrate to eBay support that you have responded to the buyer reasonably)

Ask them why it took so long after tracked delivery confirmation to report the incident and to please provide photos of what they have received.

Make sure that all messaging is handled via eBay official messaging, never over email as the audit trail will be lost.

Request a callback from eBay customer support and explain to the representative that the item/packaging could not have been received in the way that the buyer claims and that you suspect a fraud is being attempted.

The eBay representative will likely ask you to either raise a claim with the shipping company or report the fraud to the Police and provide a report number or summary as evidence for the case.

In the first instance you can start a claim with whoever shipped the package and follow their process. It is likely that the buyer will not cooperate with the shipping claim or respond in a reasonable timescale to any requests. This is fine as it demonstrates to eBay that the buyer is uncooperative and/or obstructing your attempts to resolve the issue.

Attach all responses or lack of responses from the shipping investigation to eBay via the open case, either via screen captures or email texts.

The Police fraud report step above is obviously designed to put you off completely, with eBay hoping that you will cut your losses and give up. Few people are going to go through the hassle of wasting their and the police's time to report a scam from eBay. The police, I imagine, also have better things to do and the chance of an investigation, especially one involving an overseas sale would be practically zero.

However, you can fill in an online fraud report here : https://www.antifraudcentre-centreantif ... ex-fra.htm - (Please check this site is correct as it seemed the best .ca option for you from a brief search)

I assume when you fill in the online report you will receive some sort of email confirmation or case number at the end of the process. Send this to eBay customer support as evidence that you have reported the incident officially as well as a screen capture of the report as you are filling it in.

eBay have some sort of process in this case where a fraud has occurred and been reported on their platform. I'm not sure as to how it is handled internally however they will likely place a strike on the buyers account noting suspicious activity should this pattern occur in the future. They might also refund the buyer at their expense rather than yours to make the matter go away. In this case you will not be out of pocket.

The above might not get you anywhere but it is worth the time to make it difficult for people like this. If reported properly it is likely that the account will soon be suspended if further suspicious / fraudulent activity occurs.
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

alenppc wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:26 pm The eBay user backintime32 from Norway bought a TF330 from me that was delivered about a month ago.

Today he decided to open a case against me on eBay stating the parcel was never delivered. When I pointed out the tracking information showing delivery, he said I only sent him an anti static bag.

This is absolutely impossible considering how I pack and weigh the items: he just wanted a freebie. Or maybe he decided he didn’t like the card after a month. Well, I would have been happy for him to send it back for a refund or even replace it at no cost.

Because of the way the eBay is what it is, I had no choice but to send him a refund. I have now blocked him and reported him to eBay, so I am warning you to be very careful with this person.
You should really be sharing his name (not just his eBay ID). People like that are evil imo. One lost sale like that means you probably have to sell 5 to 10 more to make up for that loss.
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

What I don’t get is - this is a small hobby community. Why would you go scamming someone? Over literally something I sell as close to the cost as possible in order to prevent gougers from ripping people off? Which is incidentally the only reason I am on eBay at all.
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Ebay scammers warning: backintime32, lechuza1983

Post by alenppc »

eBay must be having a "scammer special event" this week cause right now I got a second scammer, lechuza1983 aka Bruno Monterroso from Spain.

He pulled a fast one similar to the first buyer. Refuses to answer any messages or questions, won't provide any proof of his fraudulent claims.

Because of this I am done with eBay. I've been trying to keep gougers at bay but no more, they win.

Also, please don't sell to this person.
supaduper

Re: Ebay scammers warning: backintime32, lechuza1983, mikkgibbon-0

Post by supaduper »

Yep still have not received the TF330 that Ebay buyer said will not fit onto the expansion port of his CD32 , how stupid is that, he said he`d return it and still no show froim the Barsteward so his name is...mikkgibbon-0...beware of him added to list

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”