TFMSX Design (complete)

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Laupert

Re: TFMSX Design (complete)

Post by Laupert »

Is there a chance of this becoming an open source project? Or at least PCBs will be made available for sale?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Yeah I plan to open these guys up once all the mistakes are out. Very much like the CD32 Riser project.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Cheshire Noir

Re: TFMSX Design (Almost complete)

Post by Cheshire Noir »

terriblefire wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:40 pm @arkadiusz.makarenko I've used port A and B wired to the PSG. I've also still got dual USB still wired up.

Otherwise i'm just looking for a 5v DC jack footprint

rough.jpg
For your 5v DC "jack", what about using a USB "B" socket? Saves people having to find a 2.1mm PSU and also means you don't have to stress about polarity.

(Not a huge issue for me as I have USB to 2.1mm cable)

This looks like a great project, BTW. Can see me ordering one from someone once they become available from the usual suspects.

Cheers!

Chesh
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I mean i sourced the part on RS and Digikey.,.. and it eats less board space than the USB-B... yeah i think i will stick with this bog standard DC 5v PSU.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”