TF1230 Beta Interest (Open Source)

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Danoo

Re: TF1230 Beta Interest (Open Source)

Post by Danoo »

Could also build a few, if time allows and the parts are available, will be sending an order to JLC in the next couple of weeks so will add these gerbers in as well :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
Aeberbach

Post by Aeberbach »

I will get parts together and build one, would like to be on the beta list.
kulamario

Post by kulamario »

I have question
This memory be ok for this card?
https://www.mouser.ie/ProductDetail/913 ... M16SB-7TCN
because understand this card have 128mb ram so we cant use same memory like in TF330
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

The memories are the same as the TF536. I've not tried 128Mb on it yet. For beta testing i would stick to same ram as the 330/536.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
sampedenawa

Post by sampedenawa »

Would be glad to be in the beta; I have almost all the needed parts, but I surely need a couple of connectors: would anyone point me to where I can get them ? (Or sell me a couple at a reasonable price ?)
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

Happy to join the beta! =D

Sorry to hear about the mis-communication regards the other 030 project for the 1200. I am sure edu wasn't trying to p*** you off, it's just one of those things =/
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164
Glen M

Post by Glen M »

I'd certainly be interested in helping any way I could although I'd probably need some help sourcing parts.
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

Christmas in August? Weird! :D
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
go0se

Post by go0se »

A word of caution to any neophytes ordering these with partial assembly from JLCPCB. Do not just accept the suggested components without checking, in many cases they will be incorrect. X7R caps won't be selected by default in most cases and the suggested LM1117 regulator will currently be the wrong voltage as they are out of stock of the correct 3.3V.

The BOM also suggests a 50nf cap for C63, this should be substituted for 47nf as 50nf is not a standard size.

CAY16-103J4LF is a 1206 10k ohm resistor network not available from JLCPCB, select an alternative.

Make sure you check everything before ordering.

I will be ordering 30 partly assembled boards (- regulator and oscillator ) and will have 27 spare available for cost price + UK postage to anyone here that wants one. I will add the correct oscillator and regulator before sending them out.

The board cost with assembly looks to be work out a just under £7 each + £2.46 UK only tracked postage ( subject to slight change depending on how much additional cost I get stung for at delivery, although it says it is already accounted for). I will update the thread here when I receive the boards.

I will post to UK only, not because I'm a jingoist, but because recently when sending outside the UK it is a massive pain. I'd rather just throw the cards into the bin, flush the cost of postage down the toilet and save us both any hassle.

I also have the correct 150 position connectors that I will make available here to save you being robbed elsewhere.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Just a friednly reminder: I have tested the 1230 . on reamigas it seems to work fine. on original it have been very random.
I GUESS (not checked. just a guess) that it is needed to do the "timing fix" as this is done on all reamigas.

Return to “TF330”